Menu
no1phil
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Can't change Card Details to Top Up PAYG Mobile, Crashes EVERY time

I have been trying to get my card details changed in my PAYG account since last week without success. There is something very wrong with this new website and need this fixed asap. I have no balance left in phone and need this sorted ASAP. I will not call the call centre due to the major difficulty in the language barrier and just don't trust giving details out over the phone any more (been burnt more than once with that) also have had bad service in the past, hopefully someone on here from Virgin may be able to help quicker.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't change Card Details to Top Up PAYG Mobile, Crashes EVERY time

Hi no1phil,

Sorry to hear your having difficulties topping up your PAYG Mobile.

We are not aware of any specific issue with updating card details at the moment. Could you answer the following questions for me to shed a bit more light on the situation.

Have you tried using a different browser?

Can you describe what happens when it crashes?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
no1phil
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen thanks for the reply

I have tried using Google Chrome and Internet Explorer both latest versions and both give same errors.

When I go to the top up screen and select top up but with a new card It just comes up "TopUp Failed
Please check and try again later." It doesn't bring up anywhere to add new details.

When I go just try and add new card details and click add card it comes up "Bank system can't connection

Please check and try again later."

0 Kudos
Polly2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same problems. If you get a result from virgin please post. Many Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi no1phil,

Thanks for the details. Very helpful.

I will need to escalate this for you.

Could I ask you to send me a private message (click on my face and on the left hand side click send this person a private message) with your mobile number and the time you attempted to make these changes. If you are not sure about the times could you attempt to change the details again and make a note of the time.

It would be helpful if anyone else in this thread having a similar issue could send me their details as above also.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
no1phil
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen,

I just wanyed to know if there been any update on my issue with topping up online? I still can't do it and I am about to leave virgin due to this.

0 Kudos
no1phil
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Stephen_B wrote:

Hi no1phil,

Sorry to hear your having difficulties topping up your PAYG Mobile.

We are not aware of any specific issue with updating card details at the moment. Could you answer the following questions for me to shed a bit more light on the situation.

Have you tried using a different browser?

Can you describe what happens when it crashes?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Stephen,

I just wanyed to know if there been any update on my issue with topping up online? I still can't do it and I am about to leave virgin due to this.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi no1phil,

Thanks for the bump.

Sorry to say I've not had any updates regarding this issue yet. Our team are still investigating this for you.

Its looking like this may be an individual account issue and not a general problem.

At this point I would recommend giving our mobile team a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 from your mobile as they will be able to check your account details after passing security with you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Polly2
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

This isn' an individual account problem because as previously reported here and to yourself, I am having the same problem. Can not top up or change card details on line (using iPad) . Safari won't let me log in at all and with Google I can login but then cannot top up or change my card details. My conclusion is that low users on pay as you go are not important to Virgin.

0 Kudos
riptag100
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have identical issue, tried various browsers

when trying to add a new card I get error

Bank system can't connection
Please check and try again later.

0 Kudos