Menu
Coralie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't access my account / closed ?!

Hi, I am a pay as you go account. Because I travel a lot abroad, I am not topping up much. I am now coming back to UK, and wanted to top up.
However: I am unable to access my account, it does not recognise my number / email, nothing... I am afraid to lose my account / number.

Can you help ?

Many thanks

Coralie

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't access my account / closed ?!

Hi Coralie,

I'm just another Virgin customer like yourself trying to help out so I have no way of accessing your account.

The forum is monitored by Virgin staff though and one may respond to this post. But if that is to be the case it may take a couple of days.

You could try clicking on this link: Help and Support - Contact Us then select Mobile > Your account > Chat online.
(There is also a "Contact us" link at the very bottom of this page).

The advisors are often busy though so you may not get connected straight away.
(You are best off using a PC or laptop and keeping the page open, just refresh it every few minutes until chat becomes available).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coralie,

when did you last use your Virgin mobile?

Pay As You Go SIM's expire if they aren't used within a certain period.

With the latest Pay As You Go tariffs (“Big Data & Texts” or “Big Talk”) you need to make a chargeable phone call or text message at least once each 180 days.
See clauses 3.7 and 7.2(g) of their
Terms & Conditions.

If you’re on an older tariff such as “Original Pay As You Go", "Addict” or “Simply 8p”, the time is less, only 90 days.
See clause 3.8 of the
Old Terms & Conditions.

If your use has fallen outside this period then I'm afraid that your account may have been closed and your Virgin Mobile phone number may have been "recycled".

You would be advised to give customer services a call on 0345 6000 789.

0 Kudos
Coralie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hmmm... I went Pay as you Go in the course of March. I have tried to top up in between (late March / early April), but as it didn't work Virgin refunded me. Since then, I haven't topped up I think.

I tried to send a text (didn't go through), and when calling my number, it is still my voicemail message.

As I am almost in the jungle, I can't really try to call the Customer Service right now, but will eventually do it next week when back in UK. Eventually, isn't it possible to check on your side if my account is still open, if I give you my details in PM?

Many thanks

Coralie

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Coralie,

I'm just another Virgin customer like yourself trying to help out so I have no way of accessing your account.

The forum is monitored by Virgin staff though and one may respond to this post. But if that is to be the case it may take a couple of days.

You could try clicking on this link: Help and Support - Contact Us then select Mobile > Your account > Chat online.
(There is also a "Contact us" link at the very bottom of this page).

The advisors are often busy though so you may not get connected straight away.
(You are best off using a PC or laptop and keeping the page open, just refresh it every few minutes until chat becomes available).

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coralie,

I'm sorry that you are having problems access your mobile account. It's great that AlexKid has been able to give you some advice about this. Have you been able to get this sorted out?

I'm not able to check this via your Forum details, so if you are still having problems, I'll need to verify your details first, then I can check this for you. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos