Menu
arshad421
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can a Virgin Media Customer who is with virgin for last 5 years have a bad credit file.?

Feeling embraced reading this e-mail that my credit file did not allow me to have this phone contract. I was with Virgin for last five years and never gave any problem regarding any payments. This email has forced me to just try and cancel all my Virgin contracts as Virgin broadband, Phone and TV. Virgin staff did INSULT me.
0 Kudos
arshad421
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Something unusual.

The email from Virgin Media,

Hello Mr Arshad,

Thanks for your application to start a Pay Monthly contract. We're really sorry but we weren't able to complete your order this time. At Virgin Media, we carry out a credit assessment before we finalise your order. Unfortunately, this assessment has meant you won't be able to choose that particular phone. But you can take your pick from a selection of other great value phones and still enjoy the same tariff. Our team will happily advise you on what's available, so call 0845 650 4500* any time between 8am and midnight and we'll find the right mobile for you.

If you'd like to find out more about how we assess each application, you can. Simply write to our credit reference agency, Equifax, enclosing £2, for a copy of your credit file. Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team.

This is for a customer who is for more than five years with Virgin. AN INSULT.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Something unusual.

Hi arshad421

Try not to take it as personal, for months now there have been numerous posts just like yours turning up in this forum.

As for the reason, I'm sorry but I can't help you - because no answers have ever come back with a explanation for all the credit fails for long standing Virgin customers.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can a Virgin Media Customer who is with virgin for last 5 years have a bad credit file.?

Hi arshad421,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're credit file didn't allow you to get the phone you wanted. Appreciate this is frustrating for you.

I'd like to help you out with this. I will need to send you a private message shortly which you can locate in the red envelope at the top left hand side of this page. 

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can a Virgin Media Customer who is with virgin for last 5 years have a bad credit file.?

They tried the same with me, even though been with them since 1996, have excellent rating otherwise.

Soon couldn't help me quick enough when I called to cancel all my other services.

VM need to sort out how their run their company as it's a joke at times.

billb61
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been with virgin for 10 year TV ..broadband .phone and mobile. Asked to upgrade my mobile was told I couldn't t have the phone I wanted my credit score wasn't good enough.. funny that just had a bank loan for 20.000 for a extension.. so I rang them up cancelled my mobile .TV.and house phone just keep broadband..am now with o2 very happy with their service ..

0 Kudos