Menu
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call from Virgin

I have called back to an 0800 number that is supposed to be a Virgin media number, presumably to renew my iPhone, as I live in a dead mobile phone area please use a cable phone if you want to keep my contract.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Call from Virgin

Hi PeteH,

the "Essential" tariff is an old one.

Therefore your monthly payment will continue until you request to change :

3.4 At the end of the Minimum Term - "You will need to contact the Team at least one month before the expiry of your Minimum Term or any subsequent monthly renewal date for your Contract Allowance if you do not want us to continue provisioning you with your Contract Allowance each month. If you do contact us we will not provision you with your Contract Allowance but will continue to provide you with the Services at the rates set out for Pay Monthly customers in our Tariff Table until this Agreement is cancelled by either you or us in accordance with Clause 10."

It's your responsibility to notify Virgin if you want to change your plan upto 30 days before the end of your contract period.

You would need to call the team on 789 (I think option 2) to sort this out

Or to speak with the Retentions/Upgrades team directly: 0800 183 1150

They’ll be able to assist you in changing tariff. Open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sunday Closed.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, was out of my dead spot so answered the call. It was of course to upgrade my phone. I am happy with my 5s, the 6 offers very little I need. So at some point, when the iPhone has been paid for, will my monthly bill go down?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteH,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Are you on one of our freestyle contracts or a regular contract? Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Online account details says essential + iPhone whichever type that is
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PeteH,

the "Essential" tariff is an old one.

Therefore your monthly payment will continue until you request to change :

3.4 At the end of the Minimum Term - "You will need to contact the Team at least one month before the expiry of your Minimum Term or any subsequent monthly renewal date for your Contract Allowance if you do not want us to continue provisioning you with your Contract Allowance each month. If you do contact us we will not provision you with your Contract Allowance but will continue to provide you with the Services at the rates set out for Pay Monthly customers in our Tariff Table until this Agreement is cancelled by either you or us in accordance with Clause 10."

It's your responsibility to notify Virgin if you want to change your plan upto 30 days before the end of your contract period.

You would need to call the team on 789 (I think option 2) to sort this out

Or to speak with the Retentions/Upgrades team directly: 0800 183 1150

They’ll be able to assist you in changing tariff. Open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sunday Closed.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.