Menu
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Call centre

I called 789 this evening to explain that my contract is up next month and enquired do I give 30 days notice, on 15 attempts I was re routed to off shore centres, of these 2 told me to call back on the start of the 30 days and give notice of cancelling contract, when I enquired do they wish to offer me a "new contract/phone or rolling contract" "No just cancel your contract on the start of 30 days" was the reply. Of the remainine 13 calls I was unable to explain my situation partially due to my strong Birmingham dialect and theirs also. I asked on all occasions to be routed to a UK call centre politely but they were unable to do so.
I ask if some one can guide me to a number which puts me in touch with a UK call centre, rather then give notice and move to another mobile provider, I have been with both VM and mobile for some 20 years dating back to the days of telewest and no wish to part company
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Call centre

Alexkid
Would I then be connect to a UK call centre when I'v mentioned upgrade team?
My final month begins this Friday so I will contact 789 and mention "upgrade team"
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi trowelhand,

almost all calls are answered by off shore call centres. There is no direct number for a UK advisor.

You have been told correctly to call back at the start of your final 30 days. As it is not possible to give intent to cancel beforehand (without financial penalty).

As you have stated that you do not actually wish to "part company". Keep checking your online account and look for the invite to upgrade. Or call again in your final month this time asking for the "Upgrades Team". You will be transferred and they may well accommodate you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Alexkid
Would I then be connect to a UK call centre when I'v mentioned upgrade team?
My final month begins this Friday so I will contact 789 and mention "upgrade team"
0 Kudos
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So I take it that it's totally impossible to be able to talk to a UK call centre regarding either upgrading to a new phone or simply upgrading to a rolling sim deal.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you call weekday am you've a better chance of a uk call centre
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well I called, but it was PM, to give notification of 30 days of my contract ending but also to enquire about the 30 day rolling sim. I spent near 1 hour trying to explain that I wish to give notice of 30 days and perhaps talk to someone about a 30 day contract or even a new phone/contract, the poor lady couldnt grasp what I wanted this could of been down the language barrier or the sheer inconpetence but in frustration and as mentioned after an hour I requested my PAC code and informed the agent to cancel my contract "30 day notice" which now ends all connection with Virgin mobile on the 21/11/16 I shall also run down other family contracts and seeks other providers also this will apply to my Virginia media cotract. The most comical thing in this contact was that I was asked why I was leaving when I said because of your poor customer service I was asked to explain more I replied "Asked yourself that question" also when I asked if a member of the sales team would be contacting me try to persuade me to stay with offers for a customer who's been with you since the days of Telewest I was greeted with the answer of No you have gave notice, Virgin Mobile you really should stop using these off shore call centre as like me people get frustrated, thank you Virgin mobile for your service but not for customer service.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi trowelhand

I'm really sorry to hear you feel you've had a poor service from us.

We'll always do what we can to keep your custom, but it's saddening to hear we've not been able to do this in this case for you.

I can confirm that all our current SIM Only and Pay Monthly handset deals are listed on our website, so if you spot anything on there you'd like, just get back in touch with the team before the account is due to close down and we'll be happy to get it set up for you Smiley Happy

Of course if there's further assistance I can offer, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Mark for your reply but I can't put myself through the agony of dialing 789 and communicating with off shore agents who clearly read off a script and have no communication / people skills, I have looked on the website but I require more indepth information regarding new shiney phones / sim deals which Im afraid off shore call centres are unable to do due to lack of knowledge and incompetence but again I thank you again Mark for your asistance
0 Kudos
nickynackynew
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi All

Sorry to have to say,but dealing with call centres around the globe almost drove me to tears last Friday.  If i thought I could have cancelled my order  I probably would have !

I spent hours and hours trying to amend a SIM only order i placed that day and then ended up with two orders .

Having to explain repeatedly to one person only to be put through to another person and having to explain again was a nightmare.

I think everything is sorted now but still not received the sim cards Smiley Sad

Thanks for the advice on when to call, I will try and get through to somebody in the UK to chase this up.

If anybody at Virgin is interested in my terrible experience both broadband and Mobile, please drop me an email with some contact details.

Fingers crossed, I never have a problem in the future.

trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As you may have guessed I decided to leave VM and go to another provider,  but I did still have two 30 day sims contracts, one for the wife the other for my daughter. Well I decided to contact VM to query why my wife's bill was now £1 month a month but less data, again I was greeted with a overseas agent, no problem, as I so I thought, the gentlemen proceeded after security checks and verifying the mobile number I was calling from, to insist that I have 4gb per month which rolls over each month, on 3 occasions I had to verify the number that I was enquiring about, finally the penny dropped and he realised that he was referring to my daughters 30 day sim only contract. Once he had corrected his incompetence  he then insisted that I do have 2 gb of data per month and not 1gb, I relied I have a letter in front of me  stating that I have only 1 gb of data and increase if £1, he insisted that I was wrong, but when I stated that the letter was signed by a " Mark Davidson  Executive director, customer care"  he again apologised and confirmed that I was right, he then offered me a 24 month contract, which I refused then a 12 month sim only contract which I also refused, I asked for any other sim only deals for a loyal customer but all I go were the mentioned contracts, at this point I asked for my PUK code and informed him that I was giving 30 days notice, the reply I got was quite surprising,  "Ok Sir, I will text you the code, anything else I can help with" no ifs or buts, just good bye, he was content to lose another customer, this mirrors my own experience when I contacted VM  and as mentioned earlier I gave 30 days notice.

The only contract I have now is with my daughters mobile, another 30 day sim, I will be giving 30 days notice to this one too, mainly due to the INCOMPETENCE of the overseas agents, My wife and myself  are now with PlusNet,  better tariffs, more professional, far better customer service which is based in the UK.  VM sort your customer service out and if you do continue to use overseas agents, get them some much needed CPD in customer care 

0 Kudos