Menu
CraigR1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

COMPLAINT: WHERE IS MY PHONE?

I ordered an iPhone 7 plus on the first day of pre-orders. I was told it would be delivered 28th September. Then 13th October. Then 28th October. Then 2nd November. 

I have had no email today to suggest it is on its way, so where on earth is it? 

Looking at at other forum posts, it is clear that others have received theirs, although they've been through a similarly painful process to me, so where on earth is mine? 

The he guys on the phone are friendly enough but they clearly know no more than I do 

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: COMPLAINT: WHERE IS MY PHONE?

Neither does anyone on here, virgin under estimated the demand ( or they would have charged a little more) and under ordered, that means they are only getting trickle fed deliveries. It's not the first time they have done this nor the last I'd bet

Calling in is the only option for an accurate assessment, Virgin only inform you when it's on its way, the staff can tell you if there is stock, if so then yours is on its way

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Neither does anyone on here, virgin under estimated the demand ( or they would have charged a little more) and under ordered, that means they are only getting trickle fed deliveries. It's not the first time they have done this nor the last I'd bet

Calling in is the only option for an accurate assessment, Virgin only inform you when it's on its way, the staff can tell you if there is stock, if so then yours is on its way
CraigR1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I called this morning and the first chap I spoke to told me my phone was with Yodel and being delivered today. I asked him to email me the tracking number so that I could get home when needed. After 45 minutes the email had not arrived so I called back.

The message this time was that there was no stock and that the phone was not on its way to me. The first operator had told a complete and utter barefaced lie.

After I'd calmed down a little I did get to speak to a supervisor but the simple fact is, they don't have the phones, even if you ordered on the first day and they have no clue when they're coming in.

Incredibly  shoddy service.

jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i know around 8 people who have the same issue with other companies and iphone 7's not being available, although apple are a popular product, they wouldn't want to go the same way as atari (read about it on wiki),i imagine they drip feed companies as and when rather than make 10's of millions of them. the recent samsung phone issue would have destroyed samsung had they made millions to satisfy everyone then just after launch...well you know the problem they had. eventually everyone that wants one will have their iphone 7....just ahead of the next iphone launch..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi CraigR1, 

I have located your account and i saw that you received your new iPhone, how are you finding it? 

If you need any further help, just let us know and enjoy your new phone Smiley Happy

Thanks 

Kelly