Menu
Brian144
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Black friday double data offer

My first experience of virgin mobile today....not good at all.ordered new phone with £12 tariff deal which was supposed to be double data bcos of black friday deal.but im only getting 2gb which is the original tariff not the double data i ordered.phoned to see what was going on took 20 mins to get thru, told me they couldnt sort it would need to be put thru to contacts team then cut me off.phoned back after another 20 mins wait got thru explained again and told them i was cut off.he said he would put me thru and got a msg saying they wer closed and cut off again.

Akbarl
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black friday double data offer

I too signed up for the same offer.  Checked today and the data hasn't doubled.  The same has also happened to a work colleague.

i did manage to speak to customer services who tried to fob me off, telling me I wasn't eligible for the offer.  I was then offered an extra 1gb of data, but I said I would take the 2gb as per the offer.  

Hopefully it is sorted now, but there doesn't appear to be any change in the data allowance shown online.

jo_turnbull2000
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying to contact Virgin about the same issue for a few days. I understood I had signed up for a double data deal giving me 2GB when i upgraded my phone. I then got a text from them saying we've now removed your double data promotion and sure enough i have 1GB. The first time i tried contacting by online chat i got an advisor but then got a phone call and when i got back to the laptop the advisor had signed off. i've tried several times since and it always says all busy. i've been with virgin since my first mobile phone and have generally been satisfied with their customer service but this has really wound me up and it's interesting to see others have the same problem! 

Brian144
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did eventually get thru the next day.called and got put thru to contracts team.and she said she couldnt understand why i didnt get double data and that the deal had passed and she couldnt give me it anymore.however she did decided to upgrade my tarriff (£15 tariff) and credit me every month with the £3 difference on my bill so i will only be payimg £12 a month and get the 4gb i signed up for.
Akbarl
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Does your new increased data allowance show up when you check the remaining monthly data allowance?

Mine doesn't appeared to have changed yet.

Brian144
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes it shows on my account the 4gb instead of the 2gb it used to show.the girl that i was on the phone to did it all while i was on the line to make sure it all went thru for me b4 i left
0 Kudos