Menu
charlie_m
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Billing problems and miscommunication

I took out a contract with Virgin for a new mobile phone in October, never had one before although I do have Virgin Broadband. The first bill, in October, was fine and correct. But every month since then I have been overcharged despite not going over my allowances.

I rang Virgin in November and discovered I was being charged for an extra sim which had been sent to me in error. So I got that cancelled. Still, my bill was twice what it should have been even with the extra sim charges removed. The lady I spoke to on the phone acknowledged there was another error and said seeing as it was Virgin's fault they would refund the whole bill for that month.

Come December's bill, I have been overcharged again and this time when I rang Virgin I got two different explanations for why my bill was nearly twice what it should be and a whole load of attitude to go with it. The first reason was something to do with a charge for non-payment of the November bill - the refunded one. The second reason given was that I was being charged an "upgrade fee"???? Never had a contract before with Virgin and current one is the one I originally took out in October. Not impressed at all with customer service and the attitude from the manager stinks (plus hardly being allowed to get a word in edgeways, then not being understood when I did manage to speak). Has anyone else had these problems?

So, do any forumites or mods have a way that I can contact Virgin and speak to a native English speaker and hopefully I can understand, be understood and get this resolved. Alternatively, is there an online facility to resolve billing issues?

Ray46
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing problems and miscommunication

hi, I'm having a similar experience to yourself-I've tried to downgrade my tariff but apparently I haven't - I must of imagined being put on hold for 25 minutes! Online chats and an email to the CEO!  But no record of this!!! and I'm expected to pay for something that was supposed to be cancelled - beyond annoying. So tomorrow I'm expected to pay £37.50 off of something I shouldn't owe and don't owe just to get it disconnected as now I don't even want the lower tariff. I had the same problem with my broadband and landline,waited nearly to weeks without either service.

No point ringing on a weekend service is crap and staff are full of BS.Going to get rid of the lot and go to sky instead.

0 Kudos
charlie_m
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing problems and miscommunication

An update: I got this resolved today - spoke to a nice guy who told me immediately I was still being charged for an extra sim card despite not having requested or used that sim. It took 5 minutes to rectify my account (in comparison to the 34minute call the other day) and all the things they tried to pass off during the first call as the reason for being overcharged? Utter bull****!!!

0 Kudos