Menu
DAS1999
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Billing for non existent mobile number

Greetings, I am new to this forum and would welcome any assistance. Some months ago I received an unsolicited call from an unknown caller in the Indian sub continent who went through the process of selling me a Virgin Media SIM only deal, whch was £5 per month, and in fairness, sounded like a really good deal. The call abruptly ended and when I didn't receive a SIM through the post as promised, I thought that was the end of thematter. it was a further three months before I checked my online banking due to a period of hospitalisation for major heart surgery, and found I was being billed for this account. I eventually managed to get through to customer services and after a lengthy process (as I was unable to quote any mobile number or account details) I received a refund for the £15 taken from my account and was assured that the service had been cancelled. On checking my online banking a month later, I can see that the £5 Virgin mobile payments have resumed. Other than closing my Bank account, how can I prevent further amounts from being taken? It took better part of a morning to resolve the problem last time (which quite clearly didn't work) I am reluctant to waste more time with an aparently inept customer service team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing for non existent mobile number

Hi DAS1999

Welcome aboard the community and thanks for taking the time to post regarding your experience.

Can I take a look into this one for you? I will shortly send you a PM with some further details, you can access this by clicking the envelope towards the top right corner.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Dylan78
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi can someone help me my account contract has ended but I am still beibg billed. I am out of the UK and cannot call customer services. Is there an email address to contact them?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dylan78, 

I am sorry to hear that you’re still being charged on your account, I can check this out for you. I will send you a private message shortly so that I can grab some info from you and find out what has happened. 

To pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner of the page. 

I look forward to chatting with you soon, 

Kelly