Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 9 (119 Views)

Bereavement

Please help someone!
My dad died recently and he has phone contracts (mobile) however the mobile team wont allow my mam to pay from her single bank account. They say the credit cannot be transferred.
What do i do?
I dont want to lose the phones as both have less than a year to run.
All i want to do is keep paying for the term left.
It seems a bit obstructive and ridiculas not to allow it, if i stop paying (dads account closing) what then?
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9 (114 Views)

Re: Bereavement

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear of your recent bereavement 

Have a look at this link which may be of some help: CLICK

******************************************************************************************************************************
All the voices in my head are my own voices - Find your own!

If I have helped you then please click on the "thumbs up" icon.

If you feel I have helped to solve your problem then please mark my message as a "Helpful Answer"

Forum Team
Message 3 of 9 (89 Views)

Hi Codhunter0,

I'm so sorry to hear of your father's passing, please accept our condolences. 

If you want to transfer your father’s account to another person (your mother), then you will need to either speak direct with our Customer Services team, or I can complete a request for a transfer of responsibility for you if account security can be confirmed with me.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 9 (86 Views)

Already spoke to custome services.....utterly useless tbf! Said i cannot transfer phone contracts.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9 (81 Views)

Hi Codhunter0,

Thanks for getting back to me. It sounds like you've been given incorrect information when you rang in, sorry. 

If you would like for me to process this for you, please respond to the PM I've sent with all the details requested and I can complete the request for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9 (80 Views)

Thank you Terri, what if the person hasnt got a virgin account though?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9 (78 Views)

Hi Codhunter0,

That won't make a difference as the account will be set up in that person's name.

Please let me know if you would like for me to process the form and our team can get in touch direct with you about this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 9 (76 Views)

I do however i need more details like will the contract be re started as both are within last 10 month. Also the persin may not pass a credit check.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9 (75 Views)

Hi Codhunter0,

Generally speaking, the person setting this up will be able to choose to keep this as a PAYG or add a contract. I'm unable to give you the specifics as this will need to be discussed with our team who will arrange the transfer and depends on the current contract. If a credit check isn't passed then the transfer of responsibility may not be possible.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos