Menu
BransonsBeard
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BEWARE YODEL "DELIVERY" "TRACKER"

Be aware that Yodel cannot be relied upon to deliver as promised.

Yodel has been a disaster for my mobile phone delivery. Next Day delivery as promised by Virgin is a joke.

Failure to deliver with no explanation. It was implied that they needed more information about my address but eventually, after direct questioning, admitted they had all my details.

False promises.

Ridiculously long waits to 'chat' to someone online (there is no phone contact) about lack of delivery and possible future delivery.

If it does not arrive tomorrow I will be cancelling my order.

Virgn Mobile will do well to consider using a different, more reliable delivery service.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ukperson
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BEWARE YODEL "DELIVERY" "TRACKER"

YODEL norm ok, not sure if i use them for next day delivery use or even signed for only items

they only get payed on delivery so if they have to go twice it costs them fuel so they will leave it somewhere normally or next door even if there not instructed not to, they place it behind my gate (norm some string on it so they don't just drop it over the gate)

i would recommend getting a one time lockable bin (its unlocked until you put something in it and push it shut) if you live in a untrustworthy place (we all know each other on this street so don't mind it been left with neighbours )

0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So many horror stories about Yodel out there it does make you wonder why anyone uses them ... but that said, our local Yodel depot and our regular delivery driver are near to perfect.  Guess we just got lucky.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BransonsBeard, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to learn that your delivery hasn’t arrived yet, if this doesn’t arrive tomorrow please come back and let me know and ill contact yodel and find out why this is happening. 

Take care, 

Kelly

0 Kudos
Talamat
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get your sim?

0 Kudos
ukperson
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

YODEL norm ok, not sure if i use them for next day delivery use or even signed for only items

they only get payed on delivery so if they have to go twice it costs them fuel so they will leave it somewhere normally or next door even if there not instructed not to, they place it behind my gate (norm some string on it so they don't just drop it over the gate)

i would recommend getting a one time lockable bin (its unlocked until you put something in it and push it shut) if you live in a untrustworthy place (we all know each other on this street so don't mind it been left with neighbours )

0 Kudos
BransonsBeard
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My order was for a new phone and new contract - the phone never arrived. By Friday, after daily contact with Yodel and daily false promises I cancelled my order and I have cancelled my contract with Virgin mobile. I am going to buy an unlocked phone and take a sim only contract with another provider.

I have vowed never to have dealings with any company that uses Yodel.

0 Kudos
BransonsBeard
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The problem was that Yodel claimed not to be able to locate my address. I live in London and my location could clearly be seen on Google maps had they bothered to type in my address. (I can only assume they dont use the internet).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Talamat,

Thanks for letting us know that you have received your SIM card on your other post: Awaiting Sim.

Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BransonsBeard,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had such difficulties having your mobile order delivered and that you have cancelled your order. We are sorry to see you go and wish you all the best with your new provider. Please let us know if there's anything further we can help with.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos