Menu
stupet11
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Awful mobile customer service

I tried to order a pay as you go mobile phone today as my sons stopped working at the weekend. I found a phone through my Virgin account online in your pay as you go section, the Motorola Moto E for £64.99, which my son said he liked, but I saw we had to change is sim to a micro sim, so this is what happened (all calls to 789):

Saturday 19th September

20:17 - called 789, informed department I wanted to speak to was shut, had to call back Monday as I had to speak to someone to oreder a different (micro) sim for this phoen and keep same number. (call time 3 min 49 s)

Monday 21st September

8:08am I called 789 and went to my account, who said yes the phone was in stock, took some details, then said phone was not in stock, so transferred me to sales. Sales said the phone was in stock, and i was £79.99. He said he'd check, and I got cut off. (10 min 51 s).

Awaited to see if my call would be returned, as they had all my details. It wasn't.

08:20 - called back and explained the situation and was told the sales team do not open to 08:30am. I said that was strange as I spoke to them earlier! The person said they are closed, but she would try and put me through. I got through....despite this mis-information. The woman said the phone was in stock and was £74.99. I said it is showing as £64.99 online. She said that is with £10 top up (it wasn't - you put it in the basket and go to checkout and it's £64.99 no top up there!). I said I don't want to buy online as I was told I have to order the micro sim over phone to keep same number. She put me transferred me to someone to order the micro sim. I did this. (15 mins 34 sec).

I went on line to order the phone. Still showing at £64.99. But when I tried to checkout it disappeared from basket.Also the micro sim order they places was showing for a different phone number than what I wanted.So I had to call 789 again.

08:43 I got through to my account, and explained the situation, and was unhappy about the misinformation. The guy put me through to sales. The said that phone is out of stock! Even though it shows on website as being in stock. I got them to check the micro sim was ordered for correct number, They said it was (it still shows for different number - guess just have to wait and see!). (19 min 51 s)

With the phone still showing at £64.99 on line, and £99 elsewhere, and not being totally convinced about Virgins answers I though I would call back to see if it was in stock or not.

09:03 got through to my account, explained full situation, guy said he;d find out from sales what was going on, put on hold, cut off. (11 min 39 s).

Phone ordered from John Lewis instead, with 2 years warranty.

How to lose custom hey Virgin Mobile! 

Would be nice before I think any further about cancelling other services with you if this is what your cs is like, what on earth all that was all about...in stock at £79.99 and £74.99....definitely not available at £64.99 (except online, but that doesn't work - out of stock phones say out of stock over their picture), a sales department that your staff don't know when it opens, and not calling the customer back when you cut them off - even when you have taken all their details, and put them on hold to find out information....why not call back when you find it out?

4 hrs later, your website still shows incorrect info - if this phone is indeed out of stock (is it???) or doesn't work when you try and buy it...and still my sim card shows as on order with wrong phone number next to it. 

So, please explain!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful mobile customer service

Hi Stupet11,

Thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry that you had a bad experience when calling us to order the phone. This is not something that we want to see at all on our side. I've checked on our side and I can see the phone is in stock.

Is there anything I can do to help you re-consider and purchase the phone with us?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stupet11,

How are you getting on with everything?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
stupet11
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You are kidding me - I had 3 people tell me the phone was not in stock!

Was this coz you didn't want to sell it rto me at £64.99???

I paid £99 from John Lewis as my son had decided it was the one he wanted.

Leaves a really bad taste.

0 Kudos
stupet11
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

just tried to 'buy' phone on website - gives the same error - appears in basket then vanishes when you go to next scree. What a joke
0 Kudos
stupet11
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I called 789 they say its out of stock.

They say that you need to sort out why you are putting false info on the forum! Their words!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about that Stupet11,

I get a very similar message when going to the checkout. I'll look into this for you and get back to you.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
stupet11
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

well I got told off for ringing Virigin multiple times about this by the sales team manager, as they already told me its out of stock….not sure that I am meant to do then when someone else tells me it is in stock! 

Rather rude I thought to say that at all

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stupet11,

I've checked this over and the phone is indeed out of stock. I'm really sorry for any confusion caused on our part.

Thanks for letting me chase this up for you. If there's anything else I can do, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
stupet11
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No that's fine - you guys keep giving me wrong information, like the phone is in stock, then have a go at me for ringing up and trying to order it, saying we told you already it's out of stock!!! It's great fun, and build a really good customer / supplier relationship don't you think? I will give you a clue...no it does not! 

0 Kudos