Menu
AmarjitKaur
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Awful Service

Incidents:
On Thursday 24th, we contacted Virgin Mobile, from our IPhone 5 (Virgin Mobile Phone). This was because our mobile phone would not charge, as the connection would not go into the phone socket. As we forgot our password, she asked us our bank details, which we gave. Then contract details, which we gave. Address and name on contract, which we gave. Mothers maiden name, which we gave. Then she continued to ask more questions. I eventually asked her to give the phone to someone else, as we answered enough questions. Upon hearing this statement, the lady hung up.

Later on that day we put in a complaint and we were told by a second lady that we will get a response in 2 – 3 days.

The phone was returned to Virgin and we contacted them today (02.04.12) to ask about the progress of our phone. We were now told by a lady that because they have found moisture in the phone, that our warranty was voided. She also told us that you can get moisture in your phone for putting it in your pocket or your bag. I asked when the moisture got in there, which she could not say. I told he maybe the moisture got in there when it was mailed to us or when we mailed the phone back to Virgin for repair. She could not confirm or deny this. She wanted us to pay £234 to fix a phone with moisture in, when the problem was the charging socket in the phone. She then went on to state that we must of dropped the phone in some water. I asked for written or email copy of their complaints procedure, which they said they could not send to me.

When we sent the phone, there was a questionnaire asking us when the best time would be to contact us and I put down in the evening. Virgin phoned me several times in the afternoon and I could not pick up the phone, as I was at work. We contacted Virgin today at 17.39 hours on 150 from our house phone and have been on hold since 17.59hrs. It took 25 minutes on being on hold and after speaking to three of her managers, she told me there is nothing Virgin can do.

Issues:
1 – Virgin have yet to get back to me about my initial complaint
2 – If you put the phone in your bag or in your pocket, it will void your warranty (Which is probably every phone in the world)
3 – £234 to fix something that wasn’t even broken
4 – Not even given a quote for the actually problem
5 – Stating that we must have dropped the phone in some water
6 – Could not be given the Virgin Complaints Procedure, to know my rights.
7 – The time period we have to wait on the phone to get a response

0 Kudos
AmarjitKaur
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Service

Incidents:
On Thursday 24th, we contacted Virgin Mobile, from our IPhone 5 (Virgin Mobile Phone). This was because our mobile phone would not charge, as the connection would not go into the phone socket. As we forgot our password, she asked us our bank details, which we gave. Then contract details, which we gave. Address and name on contract, which we gave. Mothers maiden name, which we gave. Then she continued to ask more questions. I eventually asked her to give the phone to someone else, as we answered enough questions. Upon hearing this statement, the lady hung up.
Later on that day we put in a complaint and we were told by a second lady that we will get a response in 2 – 3 days.
The phone was returned to Virgin and we contacted them today (02.04.12) to ask about the progress of our phone. We were now told by a lady that because they have found moisture in the phone, that our warranty was voided. She also told us that you can get moisture in your phone for putting it in your pocket or your bag. I asked when the moisture got in there, which she could not say. I told he maybe the moisture got in there when it was mailed to us or when we mailed the phone back to Virgin for repair. She could not confirm or deny this. She wanted us to pay £234 to fix a phone with moisture in, when the problem was the charging socket in the phone. She then went on to state that we must of dropped the phone in some water. I asked for written or email copy of their complaints procedure, which they said they could not send to me.
When we sent the phone, there was a questionnaire asking us when the best time would be to contact us and I put down in the evening. Virgin phoned me several times in the afternoon and I could not pick up the phone, as I was at work. We contacted Virgin today at 17.39 hours on 150 from our house phone and have been on hold since 17.59hrs. It took 25 minutes on being on hold and after speaking to three of her managers, she told me there is nothing Virgin can do.

Issues:
2 – If you put the phone in your bag or in your pocket, it will void your warranty (Which is probably every phone in the world)

Quick Reply
0 Kudos

All Forum Topics

Digital life blog
Categories
Bits and bytes
Digital for good
How it all works
Knowledge
Tips and tricks
Help forum
Chatter and natter
Tech Chatter
Community Natter
The Gamer Lounge
Broadband
QuickStart, set up and connections
Networking and wireless
Speed
Gaming Support
Email
TV
Virgin TV V6
Virgin Media: TiVo® service
Virgin TV
TV on the go
Phone
Virgin Mobile
Virgin Phone
Stay safe online
Security matters
Switched On Families
0 Kudos
AmarjitKaur
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Awful Service

Incidents:

Issues:

WHAT ARE VIRGIN DOING.......................

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You have now posted the same content 3 times in 24 hrs.

Current response time on here is around a week.

Whilst I empathise you are annoyed, please make one thread per issue and wait for a staff response as otherwise we have to tidy up the board after you...

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi AmarjitKaur,

I am sorry about what sounds like a very frustrating situation, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the fact you did not get the answers you wanted whilst on the phone to the virgin mobile team.

The complaint that you are waiting on at the moment has anyone got back to you on this yet? If not I will send you a private mail in a few minutes to get some account information from you so I can check this out.

Regarding your repair, there is a few things with this, firstly the agent that you spoke to who said water damage can be done while in your pocket, sounds like that wasn’t explained very clearly, I think the agent was trying to say that if you are out in the rain and you handset is in a coat or jacket pocket that’s not water proof, water can seep into your phone that way, there not 100% water proof even handset that have been deemed water proof aren’t 100% water proof. There’s a load of different ways this can happen as well without dropping it into water directly i.e. steamy rooms, using it in the rain etc.

When a response comes back from the repair centre we cannot over turn this unless an independent investigation is done, which you would have to do yourself by contacting the manufacturer of your handset. The reason why we can’t over turn their decision is because the technicians that work on your device are actually trained by the individual manufactures of the handsets, and the repair centre we use is an independent repairer that the makers of the devices have chosen.  However in saying this if you believe that there decision is wrong I would strongly suggest contacting the manufacturer directly you can find the information to do this via the Apple website.

Another option you do have is take your handset to a 3rd party repairer to be fixed, I will say that if that is the way you decided to go we wouldn’t be able to ever take the handset back into the repair centre we use as the handset would be out of warranty. The reason why the charge is £234.00 is because it will be issued back in warranty again and also for the repair to the phone itself.

The charge that was stated was the quote for the repair, you can refuse to pay this, the handset would be returned to you as soon as possible but it would be returned unrepaired.

I have included a copy of the complaints procedures as well as a link to CISAS and Ofcom so that you can have a look and read about your consumer rights.

I hope I have answered all of your questions, as I said earlier I will send you a message so we can check your complaint together.

Chat soon,

Kelly

0 Kudos
AmarjitKaur
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for replying to my concerns.

1 - I do disagree with the £234 charge, as the fault was the charging port and nothing else. Job Number 856148.

We have had the phone back and luckily the charging port is working fine, and there appears to be no issues with the phone now.

I am still unhappy with the service you have provided and will continue this complaint outside of Virgin limits.

2 - Please can you also send me details of my warranty and where I currently stand with regards to my warranty now.

3 - I still have an outstanding complaint of being of being purposely cut off, whist on the phone to one of the Virgin operators and have heard nothing since. I was informed at the time by Christine that this issue would be dealt within several days and I have heard nothing since. The complaint was made and happened on the 24th of November, and we complained about a lady called Jen.

Can you let me know if this issue has been dealt with and what has happened since the 24th?

4 - On the 2nd of December we phoned Virgin and spoke to Michelle. She said that they had found moisture in the phone and that our warranty was voided. She also told us that you can get moisture in your phone for putting it in your pocket or your bag. I asked when the moisture got in there, which she could not say. I told her maybe the moisture got in there when it was mailed to us or when we mailed the phone back to Virgin for repair. She could not confirm or deny this. She then went on to state that we must of dropped the phone in some water. I asked for written or email copy of their complaints procedure, which they said they could not send to me. I phoned her at 18.39hrs, spoke to her for 20 minutes, I was on hold for a further 25 minutes and in this time, Michelle spoke to 3 managers (Joe, Wendy and Nelson) and none said they could help me.

I am not happy with the accusations made on this phone call and there is no confirmation on how the water got in there. Nobody at this point could even send me a complaints procedure. I suggest that the phone conversation is listened to by an independent person.

5 - We were asked to phone again on the 07.07.16. and we did at 19.19hrs. We spoke to Matt or Marc and without saying were being transferred, we were put through to Alex. Alex said that there was nothing he could do and we should phone back another day.

After being asked to phone to resolve this issue, we were ignored and told to ring another day. Again I feel Virgin as a company has let me down and I don't feel comfortable in raising issues as I don't believe that they will get resolved.

Thanks and regards,

Amarjit Kaur.

AmarjitKaur
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Post options

Sunday
Hello Kelly,
Thank you for replying to my concerns.
1 - I do disagree with the £234 charge, as the fault was the charging port and nothing else. Job Number 856148.
We have had the phone back and luckily the charging port is working fine, and there appears to be no issues with the phone now.
I am still unhappy with the service you have provided and will continue this complaint outside of Virgin limits.

2 - Please can you also send me details of my warranty and where I currently stand with regards to my warranty now.

3 - I still have an outstanding complaint of being of being purposely cut off, whist on the phone to one of the Virgin operators and have heard nothing since. I was informed at the time by Christine that this issue would be dealt within several days and I have heard nothing since. The complaint was made and happened on the 24th of November, and we complained about a lady called Jen.
Can you let me know if this issue has been dealt with and what has happened since the 24th?

4 - On the 2nd of December we phoned Virgin and spoke to Michelle. She said that they had found moisture in the phone and that our warranty was voided. She also told us that you can get moisture in your phone for putting it in your pocket or your bag. I asked when the moisture got in there, which she could not say. I told her maybe the moisture got in there when it was mailed to us or when we mailed the phone back to Virgin for repair. She could not confirm or deny this. She then went on to state that we must of dropped the phone in some water. I asked for written or email copy of their complaints procedure, which they said they could not send to me. I phoned her at 18.39hrs, spoke to her for 20 minutes, I was on hold for a further 25 minutes and in this time, Michelle spoke to 3 managers (Joe, Wendy and Nelson) and none said they could help me.
I am not happy with the accusations made on this phone call and there is no confirmation on how the water got in there. Nobody at this point could even send me a complaints procedure. I suggest that the phone conversation is listened to by an independent person.

5 - We were asked to phone again on the 07.07.16. and we did at 19.19hrs. We spoke to Matt or Marc and without saying were being transferred, we were put through to Alex. Alex said that there was nothing he could do and we should phone back another day.
After being asked to phone to resolve this issue, we were ignored and told to ring another day. Again I feel Virgin as a company has let me down and I don't feel comfortable in raising issues as I don't believe that they will get resolved.
Thanks and regards,
Amarjit Kaur.

0 Kudos