Menu
05surveyor
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Availability of Tariffs

Why is it that the Virgin website is now offering new customers a tariff that gives 250 minutes, unlimited texts and 500Mb of data for £5 per month, but this package is not available to existing customers on a £5 per month tariff that contains only 250Mb of data with 250 mnutes and unlimited texts  This policy is to the disadvantage of existing customers who have remained loyal to Virgin by continuing their contracts rather than moving to another network.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Availability of Tariffs

They are available for old and new customers.

The online account doesn't show them, looks like it's a limitation of the software they use.

You'll have trouble getting offshore CS to move an existing customer over to a new tarrif.

Only way that seems too work, is to speak with UK staff, ring 789 and take the "thinking of leaving option" during office hours :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They are available for old and new customers.

The online account doesn't show them, looks like it's a limitation of the software they use.

You'll have trouble getting offshore CS to move an existing customer over to a new tarrif.

Only way that seems too work, is to speak with UK staff, ring 789 and take the "thinking of leaving option" during office hours :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
macaroni
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just wondering if you managed to change your tarriff to a better deal as I have the same issue...!

0 Kudos
05surveyor
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I phoned Virgin on 789 from my mobile and went to the "tariff" option.  They agreed immediately to upgrade my two mobiles from 250Mb, 250 minutes and Unlimited Texts for £5 per month to 500Mb, 250 minutes and Unlimited Texts still for £5 per month with effect from the next monthly refresh dates.  One mobile changed to the new tariff today, the other will change on 29th june.

macaroni
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Fantastic, will do it myself then too!
stoo_77
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Macaroni

I have noticed the new tariff allowances also and wondered if you had any joy upgrading your sim?  I have 2 sims with virgin both on 250mb of data.  Was hoping they might auto refresh to the 500mb but obviously not.  Was it a battle or did they do it without argument as always have confusion when I call 789!!  

Also anyone else out there had any success??

Thanks in advance

Stoo.

05surveyor
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It was no problem at all.  I dialed 789 from my mobile and took the option to discuss my tariff.  I asked for the upgrade and it was given willingly.  My wife's phone is on the new tariff when it refreshed at the beginning of June, and my account has a note on it that my mobile will upgrade when it refreshes on 29th June.

a_ukboy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've tried 5 times now and have got no where with this, I get told the same every time.. I'm on the older freestyle tariffs and I can only move to one of the other older freestyle tariffs, I've tried the option thinking of leaving! 

Strange some can get this with ease and others can't! 

0 Kudos
05surveyor
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You could cancel your present contract and buy (as a new customer) one of the new contracts.  It means going through the disruption of transferring your number etc. but it is one way round the problem.

0 Kudos
macaroni
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Your reply reminded me to call them, which I just did Smiley Happy
Spoke to a lovely guy called Chris in the UK. No issues at all changing from my old rolling 30 day £10.76/month tariff with 3000 mins 3000 text and 1gb data to the new £10/month tariff with 2500 mins unlimited texts and 2gb data which will start from my refresh date.
I find it very frustrating that they dont contact existing customers to change across to these newer better value tariffs, its not a great way of valuing your customers.
0 Kudos