Menu
Colliver
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area Reference Code

Does anyone know the area reference code for NG34 (South Lincolnshire). When I try to login in to my virgin mobile account it's not recognising my password, but instead of sending me a new password as most companies do, it asks for account number and area reference code. The ARC is meant to be on the bills, but as I can't log in to view my bills that doesn't help. My first bill (a year ago) was a paper bill and I checked that but there is absolutely no ARC on there anywhere. I tried to use the online chat service but all operators are busy!

I originally signed up to the Virgin Mobile site but now it seems to be linked to the Virgin Media site and has since stopped recognising me. When they send me an email saying my bill is ready, it says Hello <NoName> as if they don't recognise me, but they know my email address and I have even tried to register again but it won't let me because it says I already have an account! 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lurcherlover
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Area Reference Code

Hi Colliver,

You're trying to log into the Virgin Media My Account. For mobile, you need to go to Your Account which can be found here:

https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login

Hope this helps

All Replies
Lurcherlover
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Colliver,

You're trying to log into the Virgin Media My Account. For mobile, you need to go to Your Account which can be found here:

https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login

Hope this helps

Colliver
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lurcherlover.

Yes, I have now spoken to Virgin Mobile and this time I managed to get to the screen where I could reset the password.

The trouble is when Virgin sends me an email telling my mobile bill is available to view <here>, the sender is Virgin Media and the email is  signed "The Virgin Media Team" and the link takes you through to the Virgin Media site.

If they are going to have separate logins for Virgin Media customers and Virgin Mobile customers, they should differentiate between the two in their correspondence, otherwise I assume they are the same company (I don't have any other services from Virgin, only mobile, so why I am getting emails from Virgin Media instead of Virgin Mobile?).

If they had simply supplied the link you have kindly supplied that would have been a lot more helpful because at least that takes you straight to the Virgin Mobile login screen to avoid any confusion.

Anyway, many thanks for responding and supplying that link. I'm going to save that and use it from now on instead of the link Virgin send me in their emails. 

0 Kudos