Menu
crof_s
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else rejected for Samsung S7?

Anyone else been rejected for the S7 Edge but have perfectly good credit?

They take over £93 per month from me. Up until a couple of months ago I was paying over £120 (I dropped the sports package as I never needed it, not that I couldn't pay). I have never missed a payment or been late on ANY bill, I have paid off a mortgage (which I also never missed a payment on) and Virgin try and say my credit is bad and they do not trust me to pay £38 per month?!

When I took out the TV, phone, and broadband package they were happy to give me a contract. Now after I have proven I can pay they will not give me a cheaper contract?

O2, Vodafone, EE etc. are more than happy to give me the phone so why not Virgin?! I have since went with O2 but I feel Virgin are pulling some sort of scam here. 'Reject them for credit then harass them into buyin the excess S6 stock we have!'

P.S. Virgin have called me numerous times asking me if I want a mobile and I have refused. They sent me an e-mail asking if I want the S7 edge and then say I can't have it?! WHY EVEN SEND IT?! If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone else rejected for Samsung S7?

Hi crof_s,

unfortunately you are one of many who have been faced with this problem.

Look on this search link: Failed credit check

The list seems to grow daily with people who don't have a problem with other providers but are failing Virgin Mobile's credit checks Smiley Frustrated

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
BrianH1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just had same thing happen to me today! refused as my credit rating failed! funny thing as of today my Experian credit rating is 999/999 'excellent' funny that!

my current contract expires in two weeks time, VM confirmed i'm due an upgrade, they can't give me the same current VIP contract package anymore, all they are offering is less 'minutes'/'txts'/'data' for the same money and they also want £8 per month on top for the same insurance which previously was inclusive!

Just lost a customer!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi crof_s,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I deeply apologise for being rejected for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I can appreciate how frustrating this is especially as you say your payment history is good.

I'm going to send you a private message to discuss further, To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BrianH1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I extend my apologies to you too for failing the credit check.

I'll send you a private message too so keep an eye on that purple envelope.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Woodfish187
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The same thing has happened to me, I'm told I'm due an upgrade but when Ive picked the phone (S7 Egde) and selected to upgrade it says sorry we can not go through with your order.

The phone I originally got with my contract is now useless so I have no choice but to leave virgin and go elsewhere.
0 Kudos