Menu
Peterlg2011
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Annual Statement

I've just received an email with an attachment which says it is an annual statement from Virgin Mobile.

I've not had one of these before and want to check if it is genuine before I open the attachment.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annual Statement

Hi Peterlg2011

Sorry to hear about the concern you're having about a recent email purporting to be from us.

You're right to be suspicious of attachments and it's always better to be safe than sorry!

So we can take a closer look for you, could you copy the body of the message/screenshot as a reply and confirm the email address the message appears to originate from? (please be careful to remove any personal details that might be contained in the email - names, your email address, account details etc).

You can also report any suspicious emails to our Internet Security team here virg.in/reportspam.

I you haven't already, you can also register and set up F-Secure SAFE on your machine which is free for 12 months for Virgin Media customers. If you're not a customer of ours for cable services, it's still available as a paid-for app.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Peterlg2011
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've tried to reply but it says the email is for notifications only.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peterlg2011

Sorry, you wouldn't be able to reply to the email.

I meant include that information as a reply to this message.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Peterlg2011
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry I don't know how to do that.

I've printed the email, blacked out my email address, scanned the print, but I don't know how to include that in my reply. It only seems to want to let me include photos or videos and it's a .pdf file.
0 Kudos
Peterlg2011
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've no idea if that has worked or not? 

0 Kudos
Peterlg2011
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Evidently not, but I've no idea what else to do. I've wasted my whole morning on this. Why is it so unuser friendly.

And why don't you know whether you've sent me an annual statement or not?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peterlg2011,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry that you haven't been able to attach the email to your post. Mark wouldn't have access to your account details, so wouldn't be able to confirm if you've been sent an email from us or not.

If you would like for us to check this for you, we will need to take more information first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

If you prefer to contact us direct to discuss this with Customer Services, please give us a call on 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) and we can check into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peterlg2011,

Thank you for sending the requested details via PM. Apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

Checking on this, we did not send out an annual statement to you. Please report any suspicious emails to our Internet Security team here virg.in/reportspam so that we can investigate this further.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Peterlg2011
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, forwarded mail as requested.
0 Kudos