Menu
zibizibi14
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Android app "Virgin Mobile My Account" not compatible with my devices

What are requirements of that application? 

I have Samsung GT-I9305 (S3 LTE), Android 4.4 (Kitkat) which is quite popular phone/OS version. However, on Google Play I have "This app is incompatible with all of your devices" (I used to have few other popular devices and all are incompatible).

So I assume that Virgin UK constrains devices on some other criteria, because even applications from Virgin's branches in other countries are compatible.

I must admit that it's really strange that I cannot manage my mobile phone by my mobile phone.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android app "Virgin Mobile My Account" not compatible with my devices

You can get the same information that is available in the app by going to http://m.virginmedia.com in your phone's browser and selecting My Account

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
zibizibi14
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android app "Virgin Mobile My Account" not compatible with my devices

Thanks, nice to know.

I was finally able to find solution - it's not device incompatibility, but google account's country restriction set by Virgin. It allows only account with country set to UK. I have no idea how to change the country (there is a lot discussion about it all over internet by I couldn't find working solution), but the simplest workaround is to create a new google account, set country to UK and log in into this account on google play. 

0 Kudos