Menu
eileen24k
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Advice about ending calls

I don't know where else to "flag" this up but today I had an awful experience when I realised I had not pressed the end call button on my mobile and therefore had run up a bill of over £140 for a ten hour call. As I had used the phone several times after I had put in the original call I did not know anything was wrong as there was no warning sign. If users abroad have a warning after they have spent much less, would it not be possible to have a similar alarm for, what is, after all, a silly but easy mistake to have made? This will prove to be the most expensive party invitation I have accepted! Other users beware of this costly mistake.

0 Kudos
eileen24k
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Capping calls

I have had a bill for over a hundred pounds as I did not press the end call button on my mobile and the line remained open for over ten hours. Is there no system which would alert a user to what is happening? I feel quite sick about this as well as angry at my own stupidity but I cannot believe there is no monetary capping on what is an easy mistake to make.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Capping calls

Hi eileen24k,

as you say, Virgin Mobile do not cap accounts.

However you can ask to have your credit limit reduced (the minimum is £50-)

Even doing this though you can't rely on it to end the service when that limit is reached.

"6.2 Credit limits: We may set a monthly credit limit on your account that will be an amount we consider appropriate. We will let you know what this amount is if we do set a monthly credit limit. We may suspend your access to the Services if you exceed the limit. You should not use the credit limit for budgeting as the amount you owe is not capped or limited and you will still be liable if you exceed the credit limit we set"

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Capping calls

Hi Eileen24k,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm afraid that there's no call time limit on the network as you would need to end the call yourself. I'm very sorry to hear that you were charged for this.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos