Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9 (211 Views)

Account suspended for no reason

Thursday VM suspended my account supposedly because I hadn't paid my bill - odd since it is paid by direct debit. I only found out when I tried to make a call and got a recorded message - there was no notification that they were about to suspend my service.

Rang Thursday night and they confirmed that they had suspended my account 'as a result of a service upgrade at their end', which sounds like a made up excuse to me

Said it would be working again in 2hr - that was about 21:30 Thursday. It still isn't working some 26hrs later - not very impressive.

This was the one time I needed it working as my Dad is in hospital having surgery and I needed to be contactable.

It seems that they can instantly switch you off but not back on againSmiley Mad

Tuning in
Message 2 of 9 (147 Views)

Re: Account suspended for no reason

i had exactly the same thing happen to me on Thursday and I also use direct debit ,my phone is still off now,4 days later

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9 (137 Views)

Mine is still not working
I have rung them everyday but just don't get anywhere. Last night I did actually get an operative that told me no one had actually raised the problem with IT, even though everyone I spoke to said they had. It has supposedly now been raised as a ticket but phone still doesn't work!
Couldn't even get through to speak to anyone tonight
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9 (117 Views)

[ Edited ]

Rang again last night (day 6 with no phone)

Went through all the usual crap - I'm sure the operatives just get their names off a list and she started off with the wrong time, presumably in a call centre thousands of miles away - asking for password characters and then telling me I have got it wrong when I know I haven't. Then having to answer a load more questions before they will talk to me

Explained yet again that the SIM is still suspended for no reason other than their incompetence 

Their response - "Ah, Mr Simon, it will be working in a few..........within twenty four hours as we activated it at 12:45 today" (when they were meant to do that six days ago)

Told the lass that they have said that every day for the last six days - she ignored that

They really are chuffing useless

I asked what I am supposed to do when it fails to work yet again - answer, ring back again, but I will definitely not need to as it will be working

I am not holding out much hope......

They were also meant to be sending a replacement SIM in case they had broken the one I have - would arrive Tuesday ie yesterday

Guess what, that didn't happen either!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9 (97 Views)

Hi same thing has happened to me been trying to contact someone but no joy. Wouldn't mind if hadn't paid bill only found out when tried to call customer service on mobile today Lord knows when went off

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9 (86 Views)

Sorry to hear that Tricia567 - really, really annoying isn't it Smiley Mad

Have you got anywhere yet?

I wonder how many other people they have done this to?

I rang again last night (Day 7) - the queuing system said five minutes, took nearer quarter of an hour to get through

Operator sounded like the one from the day before but gave yet another random name - put me on hold for ten minutes then came back and said I had to wait until midnight and it would definitely be back on and working

Told her I didn't believe her and wanted to speak to manager - refused to put me through to anyone else and just kept repeating that I had to wait until midnight

Real pain in the **** as there is nothing you can do about it

I pointed out that they are still taking money from my account - basically amounting to fraud - but that got me nowhere, just back to "wait for midnight"

Midnight has been and gone and, as expected, the phone still does not work

Tuning in
Message 7 of 9 (66 Views)

As an update to the account being suspended here is how I sorted it out. First contact was trying to call on my mobile no joy that way. Then tried the webchat, very nice but they couldn't sort me out and suggested calling on another phone, (which I don't have) or popping into the Virgin shop, (which for me in many, many towns away!) Not an option. So how to sort it out I went to Facebook and Twitter as well as here. Calmly and politely asking anyone I thought was connected to Virgin mobile to help. Many many times explaining what the problem was. I kept at it and was lucky to get some nice people answering my issues. Finally last afternoon had the news that was in contact with a person that could help and within minutes all was sorted and I am no longer suspended service back up and running. This is not the 1st time used social media to sort a problem out. I would advice anyone to go online and politely ask the company reps for help. Use both the open chat and private messaging. No company wants bad reviews on social sites so people use that power! May the force be with you and good luck!

Forum Team
Message 8 of 9 (17 Views)

Hi All,

I'm sorry that you experienced problems with your account. Apologies for the delay in responding to your posts as well. Has this been resolved for you? 

Please let me know if you are still having an issue with this so that I can check on this for you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9 (12 Views)

Hi - it took eight days of complaining before one of your operatives 'bumped me up the list' and actually fixed the problem. Not very impressed - I have written to VM
0 Kudos