Menu
lilnut
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Account only showing 1 phone number

Good afternoon,
I have received my latest bill and am trying to access my account. I can successfully log in, but the only phone/number registered under my name is that belonging to my son (I am the account holder). I have tried adding a new number, this doesn't work on the PC, literally  nothing happens no matter how many times I click the button. On my phone's mobile web, a message comes up saying I can only add Pay As You Go numbers to my account?? That's incorrect as I have previously had both numbers accessible via the same account.
I can't create a new account, I input my number and the catcha code, it just comes back with a new code and my number is deleted from the box. I have tried this numerous times and I can't get anywhere!!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Account only showing 1 phone number

tkdfan wrote:

So All in All, a successful upgrade eh Virgin? .....

Yup, certainly made sure that Virgin Mobile lost a fair few customers, 

Honestly, it really takes some doing to foul things up for 28 days, and STILL not have it fixed, 

The worlds best 'downgrade-upgrade' brought to you by the totally 'couldn't care less' Virgin mobile...Smiley Very Happy

Large pay rises all round eh lads.......Smiley Wink

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi lilnut,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some trouble with your online account. I'll help clear this up for you.

You're no longer able to have numbers registered under different names on one account.

Currently, you're not able to add Pay monthly numbers to your account. We don't have a date when this will happen.

In the meamtime, you can re-register your account with a new email address. You'll be able to keep on top of your account after you do this.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Mat_H wrote:

Hi lilnut,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some trouble with your online account. I'll help clear this up for you.

You're no longer able to have numbers registered under different names on one account.

Currently, you're not able to add Pay monthly numbers to your account. We don't have a date when this will happen.

In the meamtime, you can re-register your account with a new email address. You'll be able to keep on top of your account after you do this.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Good Idea Mat, apart from the fact that on registering a new account the Security Question box is borked (i.e. it's invisible so you can't set up a Security question along with the answer....)

0 Kudos
lilnut
Tuning in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Mine is there, but it just keeps regenerating a code when I submit, can't get past that screen. Not that I want my accounts registers separately!
0 Kudos
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

lilnut wrote:
Mine is there, but it just keeps regenerating a code when I submit, can't get past that screen. Not that I want my accounts registers separately!

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'm in exactly same boat.

Even when speaking via 789 still not sorted.

My secondary number (Contract) is showing up, yet my original primary (Contract) number isn't, when try to add it on the working account, won't let me, says PAYG only.

Keep getting told to set up new account using new email address, but you can't even get far enough to enter the email address.

You get stuck where it wants a security answer as, security question is blank, was told to try my original password and phone password, but still nothing.

Virgin are a right joke, surely this should have all been tested before screwing the system up.

Don't want excuses, insincere apologies etc, just want the damn thing fixed.  Not next month, not next year, but NOW! 

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi BexTech,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're not able to re-register your account. When you get to the security question part, are you able to select forgotten security question?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Mat_H wrote:

Hi BexTech,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're not able to re-register your account. When you get to the security question part, are you able to select forgotten security question?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Tells you to phone, yet when I do phone the security answer is what I am typing in account to CS.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

tkdfan wrote:

Yup, certainly made sure that Virgin Mobile lost a fair few customers, 

Honestly, it really takes some doing to foul things up for 28 days, and STILL not have it fixed, 

The worlds best 'downgrade-upgrade' brought to you by the totally 'couldn't care less' Virgin mobile...Smiley Very Happy

Large pay rises all round eh lads.......Smiley Wink

BexTech
Superfast
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The company is a joke.

Who do they employ, I'm sure a kid in nursery could do a much better job than these bunch of muppets. 

0 Kudos