Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (56 Views)

Account holder PAC

Will I be able to get a port authorisation code to transfer my mobile number if I am not the account holder for it? If not, will the account holder be able to get the code and then will I be able to use it on a new account in my name (with a different provider)? Or is it best to transfer the account into my name first (and if so, how do I do this)?

On a related topic - do I have to give 30 days notice if on a rolling monthly contract? I assume if so it makes sense to do this on the billing day to take effect from the next billing day? (I know I have to transfer the number before the account is closed)

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5 (45 Views)

Re: Account holder PAC

You will need the account holder to get you the PAC. It will be valid for 30 days.

Once you have got it you can give it to your new provider, no need for the Virgin account holder to do that. 

It is supposed to take 2 working days to transfer a number but remember that does not include bank holidays and weekends.

If you are worried port at the start of the week and in the morning. 

Once the number transfers, the original account is closed.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (18 Views)

Thanks! Do I have to give Virgin 30 days notice, or do I just use the PAC and then they'll stop charging me?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 5 (15 Views)

Hi kay_v,

once you have your PAC from Virgin Mobile it's up to you if / when you use it within within the 30 day time frame from the date it was issued.

For safety's sake though I wouldn't leave it right up until the last few days before giving it to any new provider just incase the port takes longer than expected and you might end up losing your number.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (9 Views)

Thanks! I was more wondering about my month to month contract - if I use the PAC towards the end of my billing month, will I have to pay the next month?

0 Kudos