Menu
aviw47
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Account hijacked?

Has my account been hijacked? I spent a week in Portugal with my pay-as-you-go sim. On September 23rd I topped up and bought a 250MB travel pass for &5, after which I had more than &8 balance. Since then I made no calls and failed to get another travel pass several times (every time, I got a message that it couldn’t be processed). On September 27 I got a message that I had &0 balance. I didn’t dare to top up again after that.

P.s. tried the chat on the help site - always got the automatic reply "all our team are busy...".

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account hijacked?

Bet bet is call 789 or 0345 6000 789
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aviw47,

Thank you for coming in and posting, welcome into the Community.

I'm very sorry to read that there's been some problems whilst abroad in regards to data. I hope that you have been able to call in and get this looked into, please let me know how you have gotten on.

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
aviw47
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you JOhn & Ben.

The problem is not yet solved, but I managed to chat online with a help representative and was told there was some technical problem (no hijacking of the account) and that I will get back my credit. It hasn't happened yet.

Still, I am quite disappointed with Virgin: first, because there is no way to write to them - just call or chat. And eventually I realized that the reply I received time and again when trying the chat : "Our team is busy" etc. was simply not true: once I topped up I got an answer immediately.

Avi 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Avi,

Thank you for keeping me in the loop on this, I understand that this isn't completely sorted yet but am happy that it's going in the right direction. When trying to use the Chat it's best to use it from a PC rather than a mobile or tablet, not to say there is a problem, but the experience I found was better. At times we can have spells of demand for the Chat but someone should be with you in a short time after.

As for the credit to be added to the account, I would give it a few days to show on your statement and online. If this isn't the case, I will do this for you. 

I do hope you stay in touch and let me know Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
aviw47
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thanks again. Of course I will give it a few days.

As for the chat: I only use it on the PC. there, It was not a technical problem but pure misrepresentation of facts: instead of telling me: "you can't chat if you have no credit", the automatic answer was "our team is busy, try later". This, in my opinion, is unacceptable for any customer service.

Btw, when dialing 789 you do get the right answer (you need to top up to call us).

Avi 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Avi,

Thanks for getting back to us. Were you going through to online chat via a WiFi connection? The "our team is busy, try later" is a message that you will get when all of our agents are busy and is usually displayed during peak times (evenings). I understand that it's frustrating when you get this message, but if you persevere and keep retrying, it will connect to an agent when one becomes available.

Has the top-up issue been looked into for you? Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
aviw47
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri & Ben,

The top-up issue hasn't been taken care of - can you help?

Regards

Avi

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi aviw47

I'm really sorry it's taken us a few days to get back to you.

I just wanted to check if you'd resolved this in the meantime?

Just let me know if you still need some assistance and we'll be happy to help out Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
aviw47
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Yes please. nothing has changed, so if you can make someone there move a bit faster and refund those 8 pounds - please do.

Thanks

Avi

0 Kudos