Menu
JosephEmmanuel
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Account Query

Hi,

Can anyone help? I'm trying to change the account details of a Virgin Media account whose details, other than the account number and area reference, no one knows.

I live in a shared house. The person who set up the account has since moved on. No one now knows what the password and username are for this account, although they've continued paying the bill because everyone is still using the internet connection.

Is there a way around this?

Joseph

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Query

There is no way of changing the details of the existing account. Each cable account is per person, not address.

What should have happened is when the person left the house, they either closed the account down and someone else took out a new account, or a Transfer of Responsibility was done to change the name of the account.

If you're still in contact with the person who had the account, either of these options would still be possible with their authorisation - they would need to contact Virgin Media to either close the account or request the appropriate forms for the TOR.

The alternative is to do a 'Gone Away' Transfer of Responsibility - this is based on the fact that the person who had services have left the address and the remaining householders have no way of contacting them.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos