Menu
Gurslad
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Account Problems

Hi,

Can anyone help me contact a person who speaks English, I've had trouble with my mobile account and they don't understand what I'm on about. The phone I'm using at the moment is the one I updated December 2014, but it doesn't exist on their account. I'm using it now and I've given the IEMI number but that does not exist either.They keep telling me to go to the retail shop I bought it from,I've told them so many times that I got the phone online from Virgin Mobile as I have for years.The phone showing on the account is the one I had in 2012. Help!.

Jim

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Problems

Did you ever send the phone in for repair, if so then you may have received a different phone back and that's the imei issue, but you would not normally have called in without a different issue, it that anything we can help with?
0 Kudos
Gurslad
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone has not been sent for repair or anything else, I've had this phone since the 22/11/2014. Its not been with anybody else. The phone it replaced in November 2014 is a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, I still have that phone and its still in the original box and in my drawer. The phone that replaced it on upgrade is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini,I'm still using that phone. Once again I have the original box with the IMEI number on it,on my Virgin Mobile account it shows the Galaxy Ace Plus as my current phone.

I was contacted a couple of weeks ago to have an early upgrade, so I chose a Samsung Galaxy S6 32gb. I received the phone but after a couple of days I decided I didn't like it so I spoke to an agent and they said they would send a jiffy bag that would arrive in a couple of days. I told her that I would change that phone to an iPhone 6 but after 7 days the jiffy had not arrived so I rang and I was told the jiffy would be sent that day. But to cut a long story short the jiffy turned up last Friday and the phone was sent the same day. I told the agent that I was not going to take an upgrade after all the messing about. Found out today 31 October by a phone message that I was now on a Sim only contract, didn't know anything about the sim only contract. But I'll keep that for now.

I asked if I could unlock my current phone and so far I've been told it would take 7 days, then 14 then 30 days another told me I had to contact Samsung to unlock it, then last Friday the agent told me that the phone would not be locked so just put another Sim in it.So you see I'm really fed up with it all.

The only happy person is my wife as at the moment I'm paying £10 for the sim only instead of the £31.

Been with Virgin for years with TV, Broadband & Phone + the mobiles but getting a bit fed up with it all at the moment.

Jim

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok so the phone will work with a Virgin or EE/BT sim without being unlocked, as your discovered sim only deals are better value than full contracts.
The majority of Virgin contracts now have two parts, one to pay for the phone itself including whatever interest Virgin add, that depends on the make and model, and the other part of the contract is to pay for the minutes, texts and data.

In my opinion, if you can afford to buy the phone you would like by cash or credit card, it's cheaper, you buy a sim free phone that means you don't need to use Virgin, any network is open to you, you don't need a credit check to buy the phone.

You can ask Virgin if they will add the imei to your account, it can be a pain as you need to speak to someone who understands the problem, the best option is tech support, calling 789 and choosing the option indicating that there is an issue with the phone is your best option, however as the warranty is almost expired the only possible needs get it added, is locking.

The chances of you getting someone who understands the iss first off is a little slim sadly.
0 Kudos