Menu
xxxemilyxxx
Just joined
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Account Password when calling

Hi

Looking for some advice as not getting anywhere with Virgin. Long story short my ex partner no longer lives in this country we thought we had transferred everything over last year into my name but that appears not to be the situation. So I have access to the virgin media online account, but if I call up Virgin to discuss amends to my account I don't have the passcode and no way of finding it out. The account is still in his name and have tried posting of the password but his mail gets redirected so never reaches me in the first place. Really stuck with what I can do, and VM have been as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Can't believe in this day and age everything wavers on a password that was set up years ago

Any advice welcome

Thanks

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Password when calling

Checking this is about mobile account ?

If it is, log into online account, click on "view my profile" > "security details"
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@ forum team

Thinking about it, for security reasons, that password should not be showing on the online account - it should be ****** out. Can you pass on this info please.
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi xxxemilyxxx,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear of your frustration with not being able to bypass the security verification that is set up for our mobile customers. Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. Because the account is in your ex partner's name, we aren't able to make changes on the account or give out account specific details.

If you can contact your ex to give us a call to sort this out, we can be reached from abroad on +447953967967 or via WebChat: Contact Us.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi teabag,

Thank you for flagging this up. I've passed your feedback on--sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I'll let you know how this goes when I receive a response.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

My thoughts are, that if a mobile account got hacked into, not only can they do limited stuff online - with that password showing, they have all details needed to have full control of the account over the phone aswell.

Logging into my Virgin Media account, the security question is shown, with the answer/password masked out. This is right way round.

My Virgin Mobile account, has the security question masked out - but the answer/password is showing. The wrong way round !!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi teabag,

Just to let you know this is being reviewed now. Thanks again for your contribution to the Community Forum--we really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I thought I'd tab the comment I've got onto this thread rather than starting another...and the security answer is still in clear text btw

I didn't find it at all clear that the security answer  (that specifies reseting your password) is actually the password for calling.

0 Kudos