Menu
Bertieb1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

AWOL £5 Loyalty Bonus - 4G Package

I recently transferred to a 4G SIM only deal online and quoted £15 - £5 = £10 a month (screen print saved so it wasn't imagined!) but spending a lifetime reviewing my online account all I can see is £15 a month. To confuse the issue I just received a text stating my £5 loyalty discount has been removed from my account....

Has anybody come across this? Hopefully when my first 4G bill arrives it will be correct but knowing my luck it won't be straightforward.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: AWOL £5 Loyalty Bonus - 4G Package

Hi Bertieb1,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your billing. Has this been sorted out for you since your post?

If you would like to discuss your account discount, please contact Customer Service on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone). 

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Jerventus
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have spent nearly 2 hours this evening trying to sort it out to be told nothing can be done. I was promised phone calls back which have not been forthcoming. Having been a loyal customer with Virgin for nearly 15 years, having 4 mobiles, tv, Internet and home phone I am appalled that they think they can offer a contract online which you accept, only to then to be advised by message that they are increasing the price (removing a preagreed discount) by £5 a month on the date the contract comes into force. Please contact me Terri as I am having no luck with customer services. I will take it further, even if it means I cancel all contracts with virgin!!!
Please help Terri

Thanks Louise
0 Kudos
Jerventus
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How did your issue get resolved? Thanks Louise
0 Kudos
Bertieb1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully Resolved.... Contacted Customer Services and explained problem, they referred me to the 'loyalty bonus team' - 30 minutes later they informed me my £5 overpayment was credited to my account and ensured me the correct monthly fee (£10) will be charged from now on, fingers crossed I will not be saying **bleep** when my next monthly bill is texted to me.....
0 Kudos
Bertieb1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Please read my recent comment on this thread, as you can see after a 30 minute discussion with your call centre all appeared resolved (£5 credit for overpayment and £10 per month package as per what i signed up against online - my screenshot confirming this is available if required) but with great frustration my April bill has just been published and NO credit or NO £10 monthly charge - still £15.

Please review my account and hopefully you can see details of my earlier call centre discussion - is there anything you can do or is it another 789 call when a solution is agreed then not actioned, so annoying as I was expecting better customer service from Virgin not another collection of endless phone calls and emails.

Thanks
Tony
0 Kudos
Jerventus
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

Further to my previous post I thought I'd let you know how I faired.

After 2 hours, 3 calls and 2 non existent callbacks, Virgin offered to put me back on the nearest tariff to my original one applying a £2 discount monthly. They also gave me one month free but I have not had my bill yet.

Very unsatisfactory customer service, I'm looking into other providers for the future. I'll see what my bill is like next month.

Good luck

Louise