Menu
deanchapman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4th PAYM SIM on my Virgin Mobile account

Hi, I joined Virgin Mobile after many years with Vodafone - I am very satisfied with the Technical Service but am rapidly losing patience with the Customer Service.
I had 4 pay-monthly SIMs on my Vodafone account and as always led to believe by your sales team that I would be able to migrate all four numbers to a single Virgin account.. although I was told that I would have to wait three months until the fourth could be added.

My main Virgin account has 3 pay-monthly SIMs

I ported my 4th SIM to Virgin back in March as a PAYG with the intention of making this PAYM when it was authorised

Now the problem:
I have been speaking to the VM Call Centre for some time about getting the PAYG migrated to PAYM and despite many many calls and many hours of my time, I have been unable to get a satisfactory answer of when and if this can happen.
I have been promised call-backs and actions that have simply not happened.

I just would like to understand what the conditions are for getting this 4th SIM onto my account as a PAYM
I don’t believe the reason is a consumer Credit Check because I have a copy of my Credit Report which, as I expected, shows a 100% clean rating. There is also no Credit search made by VM so it must some mystery process that VM run internally.
If it is something internal to Virgin, then what… I have been a Virgin Media customer for many years with a 100% payment record and have a pefect Credit rating according to the my Credit report that I have obtained

What are these conditions I need to satisfy to get this 4th SIM onto my account as a PAYM because I cannot and will not continue with a PAYG SIM because
 a) it is a pain having to keep topping it up and risks my son being left unable to make calls
and
(b) I just don’t need the financial control/restriction of a PAYG, I just want to pay by Direct Debit and be done with it

I would happily entertain other options for getting this migrated such as
(1) Pay 6-months or 1-year in advance on this SIM
(2) Pay a ‘deposit’ on the account for a predetermined time until I satisfy x condition(s)
(3) Get my wife to open a PAYM account for the 4th SIM  - Assuming she could benefit from the Virgin Media discount of £5 p/m
(4) Open a Business Account for all 4 SIMs - if it is financially comparable

If I cannot get a satisfactory answer then I will escalate this issue but ultimately, if it is not possible then I’m afraid I will probably end up moving to another Service Provider who allows me to manage my accounts as I want.

This is utterly ridiculous that VM don't trust me with the addition of an £8 p/month SIM onto my account

Could anyone you tell me what conditions I need to satisfy to get this 4th SIM onto my account as a PAYM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4th PAYM SIM on my Virgin Mobile account

Hi deanchapman,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your having difficulties getting another SIM from us. Appreciate this is frustrating for you.

I'd like to help you out with this.

Could I ask when did you last apply for this 4th SIM to be migrated to Pay Monthly?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
deanchapman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen, thanks for your interested and reply.

I ported this 4th SIM into VM back in March.   I have asked several times since and most recently have requested the change with various Service Agents on 8-June, 12-June and 17-June. If I recall correctly, my early discussions on the subject suggested May would be a key date because then I had been paying the account for more than 3-months. My discussions therefore started in earnest on 19-May.  I have a PAC code now for the 4th SIM because to be honest, I had given up on VM Customer Service as a total waste of time.

You'd be a star amongst a plethora of polite but wholly ineffective staff at VM if you could sort this.

Best regards

Dean.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Dean,

Thanks for all the information you've provided.

I need some of your details to get this looked into for you.

I will send you  a private message shortly (red envelope , top left hand side) to arrange this.

Speak soon

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
deanchapman
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I thought I'd post a reply/conclusion to all this

It took many emails and calls but I finally got this resolved.  I now have 4 PAYM SIMs on my account

The key seemed to be via the formal Complaints route, I got a call back from someone who seemed to know what was going on and how to engage the Credit Team based on the complaint I raised

Strangely, he thought that the reason I was getting declined could be because the length of my password prompt string - It was originally set to 5 characters - He told me that it needed to be 6 characters or more (even though the VM website allows you to specify 5).  Totally mad if this is the case, but certainly he believed it has an effect!

We changed the prompt (not the password itself) to be >5 characters before he re-applied for the 4th SIM check - This time it went through OK .

All's well now, though I really wish it had not taken me umpteen hours/emails/calls/months of stress to get this sorted.

0 Kudos