Menu
Adidyer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

4g promise broken

I upgraded my sim only pack a couple of months ago and was told that 4g would be available in Nov Dec time and that I would be able to switch to 4g without changing tariffs again. Just phoned 789 and have been told that they want me to pay an extra £5 a month (50% more) to have what I have now but on 4g. This stinks as they purposely told me about the 4g because I was going to leave and go to EE. Can anyone help me get what was promised? 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4g promise broken

As the staff never had any idea of what the offerings were before launch, whoever it was you spoke to was just best guessing, and most people could have guessed that in the current climate of Virgin Media gouging customers that there would be yet another price hike for this service. I'd be surprised if you get any satisfaction
0 Kudos
Adidyer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know but I'm annoyed enough to stuff virgin and take my wife and daughter with me to a different network.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok I get that
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adidyer

My apologies for your recent experience and thanks for bringing it to our attention. Sadly J0hn has hit the nail on the head here as there was no news on tariffs before it was launched.  With 4G being a major change at Virgin we were likely to see changes in tariffs but this was not confirmed until release. 

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you but please keep and eye on our [SIM only deals] to see if any changes are made and don't forget to take a look at the additional benefits such as 'Data Rollover'. 

Many Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos
Adidyer
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is fantastic. Virgin can blatantly lie and then we are stuck with the fallout. 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

your problem is that Virgin had not made any announcement on 4G availability and price, but a service agent lied to you to keep you happy and get your custom, a training issue or discipline issue, not a corporate lie.

you can make a formal complaint, write in ask for the call to listened to and see what they say. Sadly when the agents are under pressure things like this happen all to often, working at Virgin is not good at the moment
0 Kudos