Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3 (109 Views)

4g not available if I got a 4G handset on contract

[ Edited ]

Really P****d off after speaking to "Custoemr Support" tonight. Tried upping my tariff to a 4G tariff online, only to get errors.

Called customer support to be told it was becuase I have a contract mobile with Virgin Mobile.. it lets me change my contract down, but not up.

I was sold the handset on the premise that it was 4G ready for when 4G became available with virgin.

Now to be told I cannot upgrade to 4g until my contract expires in 18 months is ridiculous.

I was reason I went for the S7 was for the ability to move to 4G when it became available.

This, to me, means I have been miss sold a handset that I still have 18 months of paying for.

My main question is:

Why do you allow me to reduce the price of my monthly plan, but not let me increase it?

Considering the phone is being paid for separately to my monthly tariff, surely there should be no issue in doing this.

ALso when will Virgin Anywhere finally become available on the S7.. seems like I'm paying virgin for very little service.. Roll on February when my TV & internet contract expires.. SKY here I come... At least their "anywhere" mobile app doesn't require a wireless connection.

*Been typing this post whilst on hold waiting to speak to a manager .... 25 minutes waiting... and still waiitng .. 30 mins

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3 (126 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Melnus
‎10-04-2017 17:45

Re: 4g not available if I got a 4G handset on contract

This doesn't sound right... is your contract a freestyle contract?

Freestyle Contracts: Based on a 24 month Consumer Credit Agreement provided by Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited and a 30 day rolling Pay Monthly Airtime

30 Day rolling pay monthly airtime contract-- you can change your airtime tariff every 30 days down or UP !! Call them back.. refer them to the terms and conditions.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (110 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Melnus

Good morning Melnus,

I’m so sorry to hear that you have had some issues trying to upgrade on to the 4G tariff, so that I can look into this for you I will shortly send you a private message to request further information to locate your account. To pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner.

Chat soon!

Kelly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3 (127 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Melnus

This doesn't sound right... is your contract a freestyle contract?

Freestyle Contracts: Based on a 24 month Consumer Credit Agreement provided by Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited and a 30 day rolling Pay Monthly Airtime

30 Day rolling pay monthly airtime contract-- you can change your airtime tariff every 30 days down or UP !! Call them back.. refer them to the terms and conditions.

Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (111 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Melnus

Good morning Melnus,

I’m so sorry to hear that you have had some issues trying to upgrade on to the 4G tariff, so that I can look into this for you I will shortly send you a private message to request further information to locate your account. To pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner.

Chat soon!

Kelly

0 Kudos