Menu
ross666
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

4G sim replacement

Received new 4G sim but instructions are shockingly bad. Asks if sim has been set up for me - WHAT??
Activate yourself? - Text using old sim - so when do I put new sim in? Or head to website which has NO mention of this.
Pathetic.
Old sim will be deactivated warning. I never wanted a new sim in first place!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G sim replacement

ross666 wrote:

Received new 4G sim but instructions are shockingly bad. Asks if sim has been set up for me - WHAT??

Some SIMS are pre-activated before you get it (if you requested it to be that way.) Whilst some like to wait to receive the replacement SIM so that they have no down time.

Activate yourself? - Text using old sim - so when do I put new sim in? Or head to website which has NO mention of this.
You put the new SIM in when your old (current SIM) no longer connects to the network. It can take up to 24 hours for the change to happen, but it's usually quicker than that.

I don't have a SIM with VM (mine is with O2), but even I had to pass on feedback about one vague part of O2's SIM activation info.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Text "READY" to 789678 from your old SIM, you should receive an answer back and when the old SIM deactivates, remove old SIM and replace with new one which be up and running shortly after.

As you have not upgraded to 4g, I believe a few people on here have carried on using their old SIM without activating the new one, it's a replacement SIM so that if you do upgrade to 4g your SIM will be ready.

EDIT: just too add, you don't need to decide straight away, the new SIM has a 30day activation period.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
ross666
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replies. I text number from old sim as suggested by you and it de-activated. Put in 4G sim and working with all pix and apps. THANKS FOR ADVICE.
Good to get advice - in clear unambiguous manner.