Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

4G Voicemail, Minutes and or Charges

Regarding a 4G Sim only pay monthly tariff, 300 mins, 300 MB data for £6 per month, I want to know if you call 222 voicemail yourself for whatever reason, does this come from your 300 minutes depending how long you are connected? Also say for example you have 0 mins left and you called voicemail, would you then be charged 35p, and would this be the same for retrieving a voicemail that someone had left?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G Voicemail, Minutes and or Charges

Hi paperclip,

here: http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly/pay-monthly-call-charges.html

It says that Voicemail retrieval is included within your minutes allowance and free thereafter.

I would take that to mean that calls to 222 (for whatever reason) will come out of your allowance of minutes.

If you have no minutes left calls would be free.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

Hi paperclip,

here: http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly/pay-monthly-call-charges.html

It says that Voicemail retrieval is included within your minutes allowance and free thereafter.

I would take that to mean that calls to 222 (for whatever reason) will come out of your allowance of minutes.

If you have no minutes left calls would be free.

When your phone is connected to voicemail whether it is retrieving or just calling to perhaps change your greeting message the minutes are rounded up and deducted from your tariff minutes balance, but if you have no minutes left then it is free, is that correct the way I have written this? please confirm.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid said: "would take that to mean that calls to 222 (for whatever reason) will come out of your allowance of minutes."

Paperclip said: "When your phone is connected to voicemail whether it is retrieving or just calling to perhaps change your greeting message the minutes are rounded up and deducted from your tariff minutes balance, but if you have no minutes left then it is free, is that correct the way I have written this? please confirm."

That's not the way my sim-only has worked with voicemail over the years, when ever I've rung voicemail for any reason there have never been any minutes deducted from my minutes allowance, the calls do not even show on the "recent usage" in your account.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Funny you should say that as I didn't think I noticed this either previously, however I do now, I need to know if there's been a change to this.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What's the difference you have noticed happening now ??
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No free calls virgin to virgin
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

paperclip wrote:
No free calls virgin to virgin

Hi paperclip,

free Virgin Mobile to Virgin Mobile calls are dependent upon you also being a Media customer (broadband, phone or TV).

As a side note, in spite of my previous answer on this post where I took the wording from the T's & C's. I have never been a Pay Monthly customer, only Virgin Pay As You Go.

PAYG on an old "Original" tariff where Voicemail is free, I would have to agree with teabag's surmise of the situation (slightly different I know but):-

With no airtime available there is no cost, Voicemail is free. Even with a bundle of minutes on my number, non have ever been deducted for calls to Voicemail and any such calls do not show up in "recent usage".

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well, I am just a mobile customer now as I'm not the account holder.
Tariff is 4G Pay Monthly Sim Only.

The voicemail calls do show on my usage history, they are under the column of YES IN TARIFF it shows the duration of how long the call was, so I've still to say for sure whether they are deducted from my minutes or not.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperclip,

this thread has just prompted me to check and now ... Yes calls to Voicemail do show up in recent usage Smiley Surprised

They never did before and being PAYG, I'm not 4G, maybe it's something to do with the recent Voicemail update rather than the 4G changeover.

0 Kudos