Menu
tabaker
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

4G Dismay

After many years of patiently waiting I now find Virgin have decided to finally offer 4G services to personal customers many years behind other mobile providers. Today I rang customer services to enquire about getting 4G service.Imagine my dismay when I am told the only way to upgrade to 4G is to buy out my existing contract and start again from scratch.

Is this what you would call good customer service to people who have remained loyal to Virgin? To me this is far from good service. I have a mobile contract with yourselves along with a home package of phone and broadband and quite frankly this experience makes me want to cancel it all. Virgin no longer seem to care about customer loyalty.
I look forward to your response and views on this.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G Dismay

Sadly you can only (as it's always been) upgrade your contract within the same contract stream. 4G provides a new contract stream, old contracts can't update to it, it was the same when 3G came in you needed a new contract

I feel your pain, it's a little different for sim only customers and the newer "freestyle" contract holder they can upgrade to 4G at the NEXt refresh date but also need a new sim
kteirvine
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not strictly true J0hn. I'm not with Virgin Mobile but just received an email telling me that 4g is now available, so have been looking at all the T's & C's as I'm considering switching from O2. I've just read this -

'Can I move to 4G if I'm on a standard 24 month contract?

It depends on where you are in your contract. If you’re near the end of your 24 month term, you may be able to move to 4G and enjoy the enhanced speed. Give us a call to find out.'

I think tabaker should phone them back again  to see if he falls within  the time frame

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The "time frame" is 30 days so that's the notice period, then it's either a new contract or sim only deal, still won't update until the refresh date, as he was only offered the buy out option it's an older contract the new one that you may take up works in a different yay a dad for the phone only and a second for the allowances, it was pointless telling him stuff that did not apply in his case, so I didn't

Nice to see someone reading the T&C's
kteirvine
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's my OCD, LOL
0 Kudos
tabaker
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am 3 months away from the end of my 24 month contract and was told I had to buy it out. So by close I think they mean within the final month.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

30days as I mentioned in my previous post
MontyPup
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have 2 phones on my account with 3 months left on my 24 month contract. I also have a broadband TV and Landline agreement with them. I called them today and changed my mobiles to a rolling monthly 4G sim only contract. I had to cancel my existing mobile contract and take out a new one but at no charge. I've saved £21 per month this way.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Monty well done Smiley Happy
0 Kudos