Menu
rajverma3135
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

3g to 4g

Hello everyone

I had Virgin mobile 3g sim only contract, Just ordered and received my 4g sim, do I need to do anything or just put 4g sim in 4g phone n all ready to go.

Many thanks
0 Kudos
rajverma3135
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3g to 4g

Just found out

From old 3g sim need to send text READY to 789678. Insert new 4g sim in 4g phone and switch on ready to go.

Any problems ring 789.

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Malc2
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I changed to 4Gfrom 3G sim  today (in the shop) my phone (Note 4) came up with "Emergency calls only" until I returned to the shop and they put in the sim code of 7890  if that any help to anyone in the same situation. 

Malc

0 Kudos
Malc2
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Again,

I forgot to mention, dont expect "TV Anywhere" to work on 4G because it doesnt stream. Wi Fi Yes, 4G no. A backward step if ever there was one.

Malc

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've never used "TV Anywhere", but I'm sure it has never worked over mobile data 3g or 4g, only over WiFi.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Malc2
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

It does seem as though the critisism on the app reviews are well founded. A pity as a well intentioned app has been spoilt by the lack of an update to make it a "TV Anywhere" app to a TV on WiFi app for the majority of users. Not a good PR exercise for Virgin on all fronts it seems to have generated a lot of adverse comments (including this one),

I also cant see the reasoning behind the restriction on changing devices. as you wish. In todays fast moving world there can be no justification for this petty restriction, Ok keep the restriction to just a few devices I can see that as reasoable but providing you stay within that limit then changing devices should be unrestricted. To have to wait a month is an insult to the loyalty of customers and I would like to hear their justification argument. 

My reason for changing up to 4g was clinched by the hope of a better TV anywhere app. Although a not fantastically expensive change, I am left along with a lot of others it would seem, dissapointed by the end result.

My call to Virgin is to update ,update,update and review your app description honestly, perhaps calling it "TIVO REMOTE CONTROL" and drop all reference to "Anywhere" until you fix it.

Malc

0 Kudos
frattonstation
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

is it true I have to change my number if I go to 4g?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

frattonstation wrote:
is it true I have to change my number if I go to 4g?

No, why would you think that?

0 Kudos
rajverma3135
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No but they will charge you bit more for 4g services as I was on £10 now they are charging me £12.
0 Kudos
frattonstation
Dialled in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

when I tried to upgrade my phone online the option to keep the same number was greyed out. I spoke to Help Desk they said it was because I would need a 4g sim card and a new number.
0 Kudos