Menu
carino
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

£25 added for international call I have not made!

Hello all,

I'm writing hoping that someone can help me, since Virgin clearly can't. I went online to check my data usage today on my mobile phone and was chocked to see added charges of currently £25.50 for international phone calls. All these phone calls are to the same number, a number starting 0033 so in France. None of these calls are on my device, on my phone, on outgoing phone calls list, but only on my account and I have been charged 90 pence for every phone call. 

I called Virgin as I am desperate for them to remove these charges prior to direct debit date, but the lady I spoke to was very unhelpful and just claimed I have made these calls. I called again 10 minutes later and spoke to someone slightly more helpful who said she would start an investigation and helped me to set my account so no international phone calls can be made. 

However, she said the money will be taken from my account and we will then see what can be done.

Please, can someone help me to let me know what I can do. It is crystalclear from where I sit that the phones have not been made from my phone as they are not even on my device.

Many thanks,
Carin

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: £25 added for international call I have not made!

What is the full number?

0 Kudos
carino
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0033#################

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
imogene
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi carino, 

Sorry to hear you are seeing unexpected charges on your mobile phone bill. You mentioned one of the team were investigating the issue for you then I would say it is best to leave them investigate the problem further for you. 

I would suggest to wait for the bill to be generated to allow our team to view as much information as possible. Once they bill is generated if you have not heard anything please get in contact with the team again on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or call 0345 6000 789 from any other number. 

Let us know how you get on

Thanks 

Mike

0 Kudos