Menu
Phil12345
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just got a cold call from this number. Explained that I was not willing to give my details as I had no idea who was calling me. The person I spoke to said no worries but I could go claim any phone I liked for free! Then they hung up.

So great! I'll claim my free Galaxy S7.

Ta muchly Virgin!

PS Your retention scheme is backfiring massively. No more cold calls plz. THANKS
0 Kudos
pendle666
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 08004089340

I googled the number and found this -

http://uk.whocalledme.net/PhoneNumber/08004089340

seems to be a problem generally. Lots of number search sites have this number as a nuisance.

Phil12345
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did this search too and found it is a huge source of annoyance for many people. It's something Virgin has been doing for years nevertheless. I feel we're not being listened to as customers.
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cribbed from another post but struck me as a good bit of pay back.

Next time they ring insist that it was you that made the call then insist that they have been involved in a road accident and they need to give their details for compensation. Would be good if everyone did it.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It would be so much better if people simply phoned VM and opted out of marketing calls. The people at the other end of the line are doing nothing illegal, need to earn a living and should not be made the butt of a childish prank reply! IN any event as most of thse calls come from outside the UK the alleged humour would be lost on them.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Phil12345
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Howard, I take your point. To emphasise it is not the people on the other end of the phone I am objecting to. It is a retention scheme which results in unsolicited calls and promises of unrealistic offers. I only renewed my contract one month ago, so why am I being bothered with retention calls now?

The fact people so frequently cite these as nuisance calls suggests the phone operaters are being put in an uncomfortable position. I would prefer it if Virgin Mobile ceased this and instead used the money we pay for the service more productively.
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ive had calls off this number to my mobile, I answer, say hello and a few seconds of nothing later and they hang up.  Such multipule, repetitive & often blank calls that hang up on you without even bothering to talk fully deserve to be ripped into and have the mick took out of them, childish behavour by not talking & far from trying to earn a living when they don't take no for an answer when trying to upsell or offer additional services or a bloody third mobile contract with handsets that will change my life and really worth paying 3 times what my current handset deal costs.  Often targeting at key times to like build up to xmas\end of year too.  Pretty such there could be legal claims of harassment such is the level of such calls with some people it seems!.

However, I've also discovered that the exact same number is also used by the UK based retentions centre after termination notice is given.  So maybe several departments & call centres map themselves onto the same number for some reason!.

0 Kudos