cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0800 183 6416

Degs
Tuning in

I had a call yesterday from 08001836416, but missed the call, I checked on line and it was suggested that it was a hoax Virgin media call. I got a call again today, it was from what sounded like an Indian man and he said he was from Virgin Media, and was offering me a V6 box for free. He asked me to confirm my post code and first line of my address, I gave him the post code and the number, he then asked for the Road, I said you must already know that, he said he needed it to confirm who I was, so I said that I didn’t know if he was from Virgin. He decided then to cancel the call and rang off. 

2 hours later he rang again, but I again missed the call by a fraction, and received a voice message from the same number this also was from an Indian  sounding man who sang the line. “she’s got a ticket to ride”. and then rang off.

It would be good if someone from Virgin could verify that this is not one of their numbers 

68 REPLIES 68

Just had another call from a foreign man saying he was from Virgin Media, checked the number on line and this one also reports as a scammer as well as Virgin sales, don’t  you think that as Virgin are obviously not going to alter their disgusting practice of unsolicited sales calls from obscure numbers,  that it would be a good idea for Virgin to publish the numbers of the sales teams on their web site, so that they can then be checked, particularly in light of k16jud’s post as it would appear that no one actually knows?

We can arrange to have your marketing preferences changed if you prefer to not receive sales calls from us. This will remove you from our database for sales calls and also unwanted addressed mail. You can contact us on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or let me know on this thread if you would like to opt out and I will contact you for more information.

drivel.

Why on earth do you and the public schoolboys that employ you expect us, the cashcow customers, to opt OUT of your nasty 'marketing' and appalling security practices?  Give us an opportunity to opt in.  No-one will, of course, because no-one wants this utter crap.

You should be ashamed fronting up something like that with a pretence that this is a 'community'.  It's no such thing.

DYLANBUSH
Joining in
What I’ve heard about this was shady. I am only 15 and a random number calling me up at 8.00 o’clock? From what I’ve heard they are trying to offer me a new tv box which they shouldn’t be contacting me about anyway! Just send an email to what the TV account is done under (my parents) don’t try and call me up and offer me a box which is really quite shady even if it is genuine🤔 🙂

Thanks for the update - but why don't you just write a Letter (remember those) to all the loyal customers and get them to phone (via 150) and fulfil the order that way. That should alleviate any fears that it is a scam and also stop people getting interrupted by these random phone calls.

I am not going to take part in this offer because for all I know a scammer could be posing as you and posting that it's all Ok.

Thanks

@ Virgin

Bring the telesales jobs back to the UK so we stand a chance to understand them, I am at my wits end trying to decipher very poor English from males from the Indian sub-continent all of who remarkably have normal English names.

I’ve had several missed calls from this number over the past few days. I’ve blocked the number but will I now be subject to countless blank voicemails?

dangie
On our wavelength
"They try to say you have a free upgrade and then try to confuse you and obtain payment. Do not give these people any information"

Had one yesterday. "Free" upgrade as a loyal customer then a casual slip-in of £9.99 a month.
Caller promised to send me an email but nothing arrived.

I am absolutely sick of these phone calls im getting about 3 a day. The worse thing about it is, it doesn't ring on my phone so i have no way to answer the call, it goes straight to voicemail then i get a message saying i have a voicemail so i have to ring the voicemail listen to a blank voice message then delete and repeat 3 times daily. This happens even if i block or unblock the number.

I have your top package broadband and am not interested in anything else as SKY is superior tv wise.

One of the moderators/virgin staff please contact me directly i want you to stop this sales number calling me this is severe harassment. surprised nobody has gone to watchdog/media etc about it, never known anything like it.

My friend also has the same issue with these calls. Beyond a joke

Don't forget guys, if you tell them to stop and they don't, under GDPR you can now go to the ICO and get them massively fined as Virgin are giving your details to an external company without your consent if you ask them to stop the calls.

So likely they best change practices as I certainly didn't opt in to this constant harassment by their marketing agency.