Menu
Dinhir
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

wrong package

I am a new customer to virgin tv and had a service installed on 03/11/16 I had asked for a TVs only package with Asian mela package for my disable parents. I had also asked for an extra TiVo box.I got a mix TVs package and none of the Asian mela package. I was quoted £34 for the Asian mela package and the extra box.when I rang I was told to pay £12 extra to add the Asian mela package.Virgin are currently mix TVs only package for £20,so paying them £34 & £12 extra for Asian mela does not justify.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: wrong package

Bundling is the only way to add cheaply, but it's geared towards pushing you to get more and more, onlyhaveing one or two channel pack makes it expensive, you are still in the cooling off period and can call in and cancel if needed
Virgin are not the only tv supplier
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: wrong package

All platform providers will insist you take a minimum standard pack if you want to add a Premium channel pack such as Mela. For example Sky's minimum basic pack also costs £20 before you can add any Premiums to it.

There is a very low margin for platform operators on Premium channels, as most of the money goes direct to the channel owner

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos