Menu
aaaashy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

why can i not receive fully itemised VAT bills?

i have had an account with Telecast, Blueyonder, VirginMedia (Branson), VirginMedia (Liberty), and for most of the first half of this 25 years i have been repeatedly unable to get fully itemised bills, including VAT.

why, oh why, does it seem impossible to receive, what i believe is a legally entitled bill from VM?

at present, i only get online links to bills that are only ever partially visible (meaning it is inferred that i can scroll down the bill to see all parts, but the scrolling has NEVER worked), and they never include VAT (something which, by law, i am meant to be able to receive)

it is totally fine with my VirginMobile bills, i can see everything and the vat is included

but not with Virgin Media

why is this so?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: why can i not receive fully itemised VAT bills?

As Virgin Media's BB, TV and Phone services are for residential use, then their bills are mostly VAT inclusive (apart from chargeable calls). There is no obligation to show a VAT breakdown for residential services as long as the total amount includes VAT. Same as why a normal shop doesn't have a ex-VAT price displayed.

Saying that you can request a VAT version of the bill if you wish. This is sent by post shortly after the VAT inclusive bill you already get.

Be aware those that the way your services are shown on this bill differ significantly than the bundle price you get on your normal bill. On the VAT bill the 'full' price of each service is shown, before any appropriate discount is applied to make your bundle the price agreed.

For Broadband and TV in particular these 'full' prices not the price you are being charged for either service, as Virgin Media apply adjustments to accounts to amend the total to the agreed price.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
aaaashy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i have requested vat bills so many times i have lost count .... i simply do not understand why Virgin Media Billing cannot do the same as Virgin Mobile (and using the residential is diff from business argument is really not a good reason to remove details i want to see)

but i also want to remind you that i have been unable to see the full breakdown EVER because the scrolling action has never worked

i can see that there are other elements to the itemised section, but i can never see it

quite frankly it has always felt like VM were hiding something in their refusal to give me a proper bill with all elements contained and easily viewable

and btw the reason i have asked this today is because my latest bill appears to be nearly £30 more than usual,. tho i have not done anything out of the ordinary 

but because i cannot see the details i have no idea why

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi aaaashy

Thanks for taking the time to pop by and for getting in touch with us about the VAT billing.

You will not get an online copy of the VAT bill we send to you, instead this is sent via a paper copy from the first week of every month.

If you have a normal bill produced around the 8th of each month you would potentially get this delivered via e-Billing if this is set up  for you and then from the following first week of the subsequent month, a copy of that statement would be produced in a VAT receipt.

To request this you need to contact the teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and update this request for you.

They can also request historical VAT receipts for you but only going back for four years.

Please let us know how you get on and give us a shout if you need anything else.

Take care!

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
aaaashy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

in that case i will call 150 and ask for PAPER bills from now on, as i always used to get, with full itemisation ... 

just another con, but i am so used to it by now i cannot be bothered to fight it, tho why a fight is required for such a simple basic request i have never understood

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Standard paper bills are exactly the same as your eBill, so you won't see any difference if you do change to all paper bills.

It is the VAT statement that is sent after the normal bill run that is different.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos