Menu
roadrunner2612
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

whoops

We had the tv/broadband/phone pack wired up 11 10 16. The fitter was about to drill through the cables of a socket. He said I have checked it with the meter. I told him not to drill. Anyway he did it tripped. I asked him why he had ignored me. He apologised. Said he would report it. And they would be in touch within two days. He then checked meter it had been
on the wrong setting. Whoops. No one has been in touch - any one advise who do I contact in this case
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: whoops

Hi roadrunner2612,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. First of all I'd like to apologise for the situation caused by our engineer. This isn't the usual experience we hear of but we will be able to point you in the right direction Smiley Happy

So I can make sure you are being directed to the right team can you post some pictures of any damage? 

Also what meter are you referring to? 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
roadrunner2612
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

the testing meter that I am referring to is used to check for any cables in the wall he admitted to having it on the wrong setting.

the fitter who came out the second time checked the socket with a socket tester, it stated no damage to the cables, he filled in the hole as well. and left the area tidy,  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us about this roadrunner2612,

Really sorry to hear of all the bother you've had. Smiley Sad

I'm happy to hear that all is looking tidy at present. I hope this has therefore been resolved for you.

Please get back to us if we can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos