Menu
foxtrotter22
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

vouchers are just a joke

AFTER THE FIRST MONTH AND AFTER 8 PHONE CALLS SINCE 12TH FEBRUARY  AND THE PROMISE ON ALL OCCASIONS THAT A VOUCHER FOR EITHER  M&S AMAZON, OR JOHN LEWIS ( WHICH WAS OFFERED TO  TEMPT NEW JOINERS TO VIRGIN) WOULD ARRIVE EACH TIME BETWEEN 24-48-72 HOURS I AM AT THE VERY END OF MY TETHER. SO HERE I AM RESORTING TO THIS FORUM SINCE ITS OBVIOUS THERE IS SOMETHING NOT QUITE KOSHER ABOUT IT ALL..  I SEE THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PROBLEMS AND PROMISES MAYBE HOPING THAT WE'LL ALL GO AWAY EVENTUALLY WITH THOUGHTS WE HAVE SOME DELUSIONAL PROBLEM. ISN'T IT SAD THAT ORGANISATIONS LIKE VIRGIN HAVE TO RESORT TO THIS PRACTICE AND TREATMENT OF NEW CLIENTS.  THERE ARE ALSO OTHER PROBLEMS WHICH I WONT FOCUS ON HERE. WELL I'VE COPIED THE ORIGINAL LEAFLET WITH THE OFFER AND WRITTEN A DRAFT TO OFCOM READY TO FORWARD AND AM CONSIDERING SOCIAL MEDIA, OH AND MAYBE THE PRESS.......

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: vouchers are just a joke

Well that was hard to read...

Forum team usually can sort it.

Threats don't really do anything either, if you are going to go to OFCOM (won't do anything, they are toothless), the press (likely won't take the story) and social media (will just get the VM team in contact with you there to sort your problem out) then by all means just do it, waving it around as an idle threat is pointless.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
foxtrotter22
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I NEVER RESORT TO THREATS BUT IN THIS CASE IT WOULD BE QUIT EFFORTLESS AS ITS UNUSUAL TO HAVE BEEN TREAT LIKE THIS. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THREATS AND RIGHTS.  THIS PROBLEM IS COMPOUNDED,  AS I SAID BY OTHER FRUSTRATING ISSUES. WELL LETS SEE IF THEY SORT IT OR NOT.  I NOTE YOU SAY YOUR NOT IN THEIR POCKET HOWEVER YOU DO SOUND UNUSUALLY LOYAL WITH A TINGE OF SARCASM. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

please do not type in Caps as its considered rude.
0 Kudos
foxtrotter22
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

oh i am sorry. Is there any other protocol I should be made aware of?  Like not complaining maybe?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

just the forum rules.
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/participation#participation

the caps being rude is a internet wide thing and comes from the 90's. It considered yelling.
0 Kudos
foxtrotter22
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Being a pensioner,  I missed the boat with any school computing, as the only computer in the land then, took up a whole secret room in Bletchley Park.  So I am very grateful for your comments.  I will take them on board. If I wish to use them.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Also makes it hard to read, hence my first comment. Glad to see the change though.

I am both defending and critical of VM depending on the topic. Was just saying your likely outcomes for any of the threatened outlets.

The forum team do sort this kind of stuff out (a hell of a lot better than the phone lot) quite well, they can take up to a week to reply though so you will have to be a bit patient with them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
foxtrotter22
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well thank you, but with failing eyesight the exception could be made as I now receive everything in large print therefore for me capitals are much easier to read.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

foxtrotter22 wrote:

Well thank you, but with failing eyesight the exception could be made as I now receive everything in large print therefore for me capitals are much easier to read.

Just hold down the Ctrl Key and scroll the mouse wheel and the text on any web page gets bigger