Menu
scousergaz
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

virgin media lies

tonight after being  a loyal customer of virgin media for nearly a decade i have given 30 days notice, all down to virgin media not honouring  my new updated package which was agreed over the phone. they tried to make me sign a new contract after agreeing there wouldnt be one and then tonight get a monthly charge for well over what was agreed and they basically call me a liar when i ring up to complain.

0 Kudos
asim18
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media lies

I've had the exact same thing happen on two occasions, once 18 months ago and the same thing happened this morning. Can't believe they're still getting away with it.

Not only do they lie about billing and pricing, they also lie about technical things.

Cant count the number of times they've tried to lie about technical things, I feel sorry for non-technically minded people it's a disgrace. If you don't know much about technology it's best to stay safe and assume anything told to you by Virgin Media is simply a lie.

0 Kudos
busheypark
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They lied to me over the phone many times-when I finally get through on the phone to them asking where's my discount/refer a friend credit,  they say there is no record of what I've been promised. After many wasted hours talking to liars you realise it's better to leave.  You phone them - and after being left on hold several times for up to an hour (I have my phone records) they couldn't care less if you leave.  Bizarre company and I'm glad I left but I still want my £50 refer a friend I went out of my to get and was promised I would receive. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi scousergaz

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the cancellation process and I am sorry to hear you are leaving us Smiley Sad

If there is any way we could help resolve this for you then please let us know. If you'd like someone else to take a look at this and call you then just let us know and we'll do what we can to support you by seeing if we can arrange this for you.

Please just let us know.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
scousergaz
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am available most evenings after 5 if someone wishes to call me with the correct story not the lies that was talked when I was last spoken too
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi scousergaz

I'm passing on your details to colleagues in our retentions teams to see what they can do to help you.

I have advised as to the times you are free.

I'm not 100% sure when they will contact you, whether it's going to be today or another day this week but when I hear back from them I'll let you know. We have a mobile and your landline on file as a point of contact so I'll advise them of both for you unless you have a preferred alternative. Is so if you could drop this to me in a pm, that would be great.

Kind regards and thanks for getting back to us.

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi scousergaz

Just a quick catch up to confirm if the teams contacted you this week?

I was advised they would be trying to contact you on Tuesday.

If you've not heard from the teams please let me know and I'll do what I can to support you with this today.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos