Menu
Duggan12
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

upgrade

Hi i have just upgraded to vivid 200 i just would like to know if i have to activate my upgrade or it goes through automatically any help would be much appreciated thanks

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgrade

Presumably you will also get sent a new Hub3.

When it arrives - follow the instructions - and it will activate itself. ( You need to phone the number supplied to get automatic activation).

Your hub you have now will also be de-activated!

If you follow the instructions - correctly - - it will all go through properly.    ... ZVNK ...

0 Kudos
Duggan12
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply I currently have the superhub 2ac is that router not compatible for vivid 200 I have a broadband only package I was previously on the vivid 100 with a 150 speed boost will I still need the new superhub 3 with this upgrade any help would be great thanks
0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Duggan12 wrote:
Hi thanks for the reply I currently have the superhub 2ac is that router not compatible for vivid 200 I have a broadband only package I was previously on the vivid 100 with a 150 speed boost will I still need the new superhub 3 with this upgrade any help would be great thanks

Vivid 200 runs fine on the superhub2ac , I was getting 210Mbps + with it.

Vivid 300 requires the Hub 3.0 because of the extra download channels required (upto 24 , but currently 20)

I would suggest keeping the superhub2ac and not activating the hub 3.0 and see how you get on. It has lower latency and better wifi (imho) than the hub 3.0

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Duggan12
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the info so do I need to ring virgin up to activate my upgrade or will it just automatically go through just they gave no indication on the steps I have to do now
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your query Duggan12,

I can see that you've spoken with the team since posting.

Hopefully, everything is running smoothly for you now.

Please feel free to get back to me should you require further assistance. Smiley Happy

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos