Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv package

jimbean wrote:
With sky sports its £81.50 for 3 months then £91.50 for the last 9 month
that's the price virgin as just quoted me
I doubt if I could afford that

How were you contacted or made contact? Some things to consider: any inbound telesales calls aren't recorded, so be careful about accepting deals from them which sound too good. As there won't be a call to listen back to if, if you end with a contract listing different from what was agreed to. Though you of course have the right to cancel a contract in 14 days from it going live. Also, some agents can apparently offer better deals than other ones. And if you don't accept the good offer made at the time, you may not be able to get it offered again.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
jimbean
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi thx for the reply I made contact with a virgin sales man from my area 14 he's advertising on facebook TV phone and broadband £29 a month for 12 months plus phone line
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

jimbean wrote:
hi thx for the reply I made contact with a virgin sales man from my area 14 he's advertising on facebook TV phone and broadband £29 a month for 12 months plus phone line

Was he aware you have services already? But generally speaking, the local VM sales agents (field sales executives I believe they are called) can offer deals which aren't on the website. When I signed up as a new customer I got discounted broadband only deal from one of those sales agents, when VM weren't selling it online or through their sales line number.

Edit: typo fix

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
jimbean
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes I gave him my account no and he told me exactly how much I am paying now
(£46.00 month )for phone and broadband 50 Mb he said I could upgrade to TV £51
00 a month for 3 months then £66.00 for the other 9 months that included bt sports
I then asked for a deal with sky sports in which he quoted the figures in my 1st post
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Then go with that, as I mentioned, I got a broadband only deal through one of them that I was happy with and did indeed go live.

In a worst case scenario, keep some proof of the deal offered, so in the event it goes south and you get a contracting stating otherwise - you'll have proof and the staff here could get you onto what was promised.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos