Menu
joyce38
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thinking of leaving

hello i am thinking of leaving virginmedia as i have been a customer for a very long time and now my bills are hiking up every month i am a pensioner and this is becoming a problem to pay also when i see new customers beening offered a £29 deal which is alot better then what i recieve i think its disgusting you exploit existing customers by hiking up there bills to offer new customers silly deals dont you think its time to start looking after loyal customers first 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: thinking of leaving

Well Joyce, although you may not like to hear it, the choice is simple. You can stay and try and renegotiate better terms (150 - options 4,5 - thinking of leaving) or you can go to another provider.

If you go you'll get a new customer deal which will make you the butt of exactly the same complaint that you are making against VM. How will you enjoy that? Look at the community forums of any other provider for posts just like yours. Worse still is that you probably got a new customer offer when you joined VM so you have benefited from the deals on offer. Selective memory, perhaps?

The business model (with few exceptions) is lure them in with generous new customer offers and hope they'll stay at the full price. It works which is why most ISPs use it. And all the utility companies, insurance companies and the like.

As I say the choice is yours.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
joyce38
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello the email you sent is rather rude i have been with virgin since it was ntl sonit would have been many many years ago since i had any offers im old its not necessary to be rude i think your customers service skills be looked at
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

if he was a customer service employee or even an employee I'd agree. But he is right. when you joined you most likely got a better deal then what people who were currently customers got.

This is a standard in must service providers. The only way to get a good deal is to move providers at the end of your contract. If you do not want to move then VM have you right where they hope and you will keep paying. You can call and try and get a better deal but you will never get as good as new customers as you are not a new one. Technically if you leave and come back they do not have to give new customer deals again as you are never new again you are returning.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

joyce38 wrote:
Hello the email you sent is rather rude i have been with virgin since it was ntl sonit would have been many many years ago since i had any offers im old its not necessary to be rude i think your customers service skills be looked at

Don't take it personally, he is rude to everyone.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can we get some things straight please? I do not work for Virgin Media. I have no connection with them other than I am customer of long standing - in fact ever since analogue cable TV came to my area in the 1990s. We were one of the first households to sign up with what was then United Artists.

If you post on a community forum you will get the community replying. VM seem to think that my replies are generally of high quality and helpful which is why we get the status of Superuser. I'm sorry if "joyce38" thought I was being rude. I was simply being completely honest about the consistent complaint that new customers do better than existing ones. That is not rudeness by any reasonable definition of the word. You might want the business model to be different but it isn't.

And if you think I am rude to everyone have a look at this thread - I think not:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Cant-find-my-POP-IMAP-password-to-set-up-new-iphone-emails...

I was quite surprised by the response to what was a stark reply to the query raised in that thread. I won't respond further here.  No one wants a "flame war". But I will not stand by and see my reputation traduced like this.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OP "i am a pensioner"

The "VM seem to think that my replies are generally of high quality"  HowardML replied :-
" Selective memory, perhaps?"

A completely unneccessary comment but not all surprising. Given the numerous posts on these forums, his style is certainly representative of VM's customer service.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos