Menu
matthewtoby
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

retentions

Hi how do you get retentions to ring you to sort a new vm deal out ?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: retentions

The team you're thinking about doesn't do out of the blue calls or outbound calls in general. Unless you're dealing with limited credit on your phone and make the first point of contact, you can call in (0345 454 1111 from any phone, 150 from a VM phone.) Choose Option 1, confirm your details and then Option 4 -> Option 5 from the menu. Ask them to call you back to avoid any extra credit loss to yourself.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

you dont - you ring them - if you are on a mobile they may ring you back if you ask

Tony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The team you're thinking about doesn't do out of the blue calls or outbound calls in general. Unless you're dealing with limited credit on your phone and make the first point of contact, you can call in (0345 454 1111 from any phone, 150 from a VM phone.) Choose Option 1, confirm your details and then Option 4 -> Option 5 from the menu. Ask them to call you back to avoid any extra credit loss to yourself.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
matthewtoby
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that the reason I ask I rang customer services last night to see what they can do for me and they said my current deal 70mb bb and weekend calls has gone up from 21.99 to 32£ and there is nothing else cheaper hence my concern of being with bb cause this day in age it's a must ... so you guys think they will better that deal ...

Thankyou in advance
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Did you have a discount which came to an end? £32 pound is the rate for that currently with no special discounts applied. The problem with 70Mb and 150Mb tiers respectively are that they are special tiers, so trying to claim a loyalty discount to lower the price could possibly drop you back down to 50Mb broadband speed.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi matthewtoby

Thanks for getting in touch about the option to contact Retentions with us.

As the community has mentioned, you can contact them on the numbers quoted, and as @Shelke has mentioned, if you use the call routing options provided, then you should get through to them when you call.

They are open Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Sat till 6pm.

Just to confirm a point Shelke touched on, if you do opt for a new Retentions deal you will lose the speed boost offering of 70Mb and revert to the front book offering that all new customers, or customers re-contracting, get on the Large Broadband speed which is 50Mb.

Please keep in touch and let us know if you get a new deal you’re happy with Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

adecooper
Dialled in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If you give 30 days notice they'll soon be on the phone!
0 Kudos
wilson_campbell
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not for me. Could not get retention to budge on giving my loyalty discount again or matching other companies deals, tried lots of times. Then cancelled, lady mentions I would get a call from what they called the out-team who had more options and discount available to them, Never happened, phoned them back and they filled in a "form" to get them to phone me within 48 hrs and it never happened. Have now just today taken out a new contract with another company after being with virgin and ntl for 16 years. What a way to treat loyal customers, I am very shocked and disappointed at Virgin in the last year. Their price increases and the way they treat loyal customers has definitely changed for the worse.

smeggybowler
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

have had the same experience,been with them since blueyonder days,cancelled and was told we cant compete with sky when i had not even spoke to anyone else. really made my mind up to go.
0 Kudos
cbutler1986
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same boat. Cancelled and expecting a call but nothing. Loyalty means nothing with Virgin
0 Kudos