Menu
nizzmo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

refer a friend issue

Hello,

I have a serious problem with refer a friend & get £50 credit.

WELL, as it happens I have referred a few friends & so far I have received £0.00, the final straw is, the fact that I referred my Brother in October & didn't receive credit in November, so Called & was told it should be Decembers bill as my Brother hadn't made his first payment & phoned December & was told it would be January, that I would receive my credit, but I wasn't holding my breath & today I got my E-bill & guess what, yeah you got it, NO CREDIT, so I phoned & NOW I AM TOLD there is no record of my refer a friend (this has happened too many times now) & I had to send the refer a friend email I received to webteam@virginmedia.com & then once they see it, it will be credited to my account, well needless to say I am not holding my breath for it, as the customer service for virgin media is shocking & I am on the verge of cancelling ALL OF MY VIRGIN (phone, TV, Broadband & 3 Mobile contracts) As this is an absolute joke, so far at a count I have referred 6 people & received £0.00.

I have been a customer of Virgin media (started with Telewest then Blueyonder & now Virgin) for almost 20 years & this is how they treat loyal customers. I cant even get the new technology unless I pay for it, but new customers get it free for joining.

sorry for rant but I am SOOOOOO close to cancelling ALL of my VIRGIN Services.

Barry

0 Kudos
nizzmo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: refer a friend issue

i take it nobody will help here, just as i thought

0 Kudos
Jacevoor77
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It should be done by now .I refer my ex wife and had to chase them up .at the moment virgin seams to be messed up like a headless chicken for a company that was great is down the pan
0 Kudos
nizzmo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yes they are going down in my book, its a little bit of a joke

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

nizzmo wrote:

i take it nobody will help here, just as i thought

Staff replies take around a week ATM. Your thread is two days old.

Its also unlikely they will be able to do much when they do reply as yours is an account issue. They dont deal with individual account issues on here due to DPA restrictions.

0 Kudos
nizzmo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

well when I phone I don't get the right answers & customer service is getting worse with VIRGIN media, never had so much problems in all the years, but the last 1-2 years they have really gone downhill & don't seem to want to keep existing customers, as they don't really help you when you phone them  

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi nizzmo,

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't received your credit yet. I'm more than happy to take a look in to this for you.

When you referred your brother via the refer a friend scheme, you would have received an email. They would of also of received an email with a link to join up. If you still have this I can look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos