Menu
kedia22
Joining in
Message 1 of 52
Flag for a moderator

please amend my credit report

Dear Sir/Madam

I am sending this email because it came to my attention while checking my credit report with aquifax that virgin media has put on it a late payment report thus making my credit report bad.

I am here by disputing this report as I am aware I have never intentionally made any payment late.

I have already contact virgin on 23/09/13 via phone and spoke with a virgin advisor by the name of Shey  with employer ref: <removed> to discuss this matter and they advised me to email you because according to their record it showing clear.

in the aquifax credit record shows late payment for the month of January and February 2013, in this period I had moved from <removed> to <removed>.

maybe due to moving from one address to another  in such short time caused your record to be incorrect, then you need to updated it, because if I didn't make any payment in the time I was suppost to was under advise from virgin media adviser due to changing and needing to wait until virgin updated the fill and produce final billing, so I was advised to ignore any bill I had until a more currently one has been produce, at one point I even called to pay preview bill before moving and I was told to wait after I have received a new bill because I usually pay in advance on the account and this means the bill would change.

there was also the virgin debt collection contacting me without  virgin letting me know that they have sent my name to debt collector even though I have never miss any payment. this company contact several time asking to pay a debt that was from virgin, but because I didn't know the company and I new I didn't have any debt with virgin and I contact virgin several time to inquire about this company and they always told me that I don't have to pay because it didn't show that o owe virgin that should just ignore this company, only after  receiving many letter from this company I decide to contact virgin again  and asking if they use this company, then the adviser done a thorough search and then was able to tell me that it was the amount remained from the address <removed>. I then proceed to ask why virgin had to send the bill to the debt collector without contacting me first if I was still with them and I continue to pay the current bill I have with them and how can they do it and at that point I also  mention that  how come I have call so many time to ask about this matter and no one was able to tell me anything and all I kept hear was to ignore the letter I was receiving from the debt collector. but as sooner I told by virgin what the letter was about and I call them and made the payment and because I was worried about my credit report as I am aware that once you go debt collector your credit is bad I asked both virgin advisor and the debt collector advisor if this would affect my credit and they both guaranty me not to worry that it wouldn't affect my credit as it was a fault on virgin's part.

now you can see why I am surprise to see this affecting my credit report. please deal with this matter as sooner as possible, amend my credit report, aquifax said that you are the one who can remove this information from my file.

please amend my file and credit report, otherwise I will have to seek further help, because I cant accept to have my name bad a credit report bad when it is not my fault

thanks

your sincerely

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: please amend my credit report

The forum team will not be able to deal with this type of problem. 

You would need to speak to the customer relations team who will be able to put you though to the collections/finance team.

i have also asked for all the personal information to be removed from your post. Please see forum guidelines.

Numbers in my sig then option 5 then 3 (options for thinking of leaving).

Flagged to mods also.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) madison_d
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi there kedia22,

I am extremely sorry about the mix up here! We can get bad scores removed from your credit report if it was in error but we are unable to do so via the forums. Please see AMWSmith's advice about and give us a call on 0845 454 1111 or 150 free from a Virgin phone and we can start getting this resolved for you!

Regards,

Madison
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

0 Kudos
skins9009
Joining in
Message 4 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I too have had a similar issue, i noticed a default recently on my credit file of which i have settled as i am trying to get a mortgage and need it clean.

I have email the credit file amendment team twice with no response and when i called up virgin financial team they basically said i can do nothing until i get a response from the amendment team, do these people actually exist? i can't believe how unhelpful virgin are!! (which is why i now won't touch with a bargepole!)

Is there ANY way i can speed up this very frustrating process?

Hope somebody can help out there!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi skins9009,

I'm really sorry to see you're having this trouble, I had a similar issue with another company recently. It was all sorted in the end. 

Please do give us a call 150 free from a Virgin land line or 0845 454 1111 (chargeable) from any other phone. The team will be able to advise you the best way to get this misunderstanding resolved. 

We do not deal with these types of issues over the forums due to data protection laws.

Best of luck in getting this resolved.

Thank you

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
annabella1980
Joining in
Message 6 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi please can you tell me if you have an email address for the Credit File Amendments team?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 52
Flag for a moderator

They will only deal with these over the phone
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
annabella1980
Joining in
Message 8 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I was given an email address of creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk - I have emailed twice now but still no reply

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi annabella1980,

As Emma and Gary have mentioned, calling in will be the best way of chasing this up as we can't look into any account related problems via the forums due to Data Protection restrictions. Sorry about this.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
andyco11
Joining in
Message 10 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Just found a similar situation on my credit report on all three credit reference agencies.

It appears that they have put me down for 2 extra phantom account making it 3 and ridiculous prices but showing that i am paying them (which i am not as i only hold one account which i have had since it was NTL.

This is now showing that i am at risk to lenders as i have to many credit accounts.

Shame on you VIRGIN

I would rather be some where else
0 Kudos