Menu
thedales
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

password reset question

i have tried to change my password as i had forgot the old one, now going around in circles with the password reset pages....now don't know which password i have got in place!!!, is there an error on the password reset pages or is it me???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: password reset question

The password reset process should ask you for your account's security question answer+DOB then it'd either let you set a new password or send out a password reset link (been a while since I used it, but it was one of the two.) What exactly are you seeing after you enter the username then confirm your account's security question answer+DOB?

You can always ask customer services to do the password reset for you, that'd be a call to 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 2 (Faults) -> Report a broadband fault (this covers all sign in issues etc too.) Ask them to do the password reset, they'll assign a temp password like london123 or whatever.

You can also make the same request via the Webchat from a laptop/desktop page between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 9AM to 5PM Sa: Account and Billing -> Managing your account online -> Chat online. If the agents are busy, reload the page repeatedly every three minutes and check again, until you get through to an agent.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos