Menu
Nowtspecial
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

on my bill it says cr but ive paid my bill

my bill says cr ,ive paid my bill early twice but have a direct debit set up and a payment was took out of my bank even though i had paid early

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: on my bill it says cr but ive paid my bill

making a extra payment will not stop the DD from being taken. The extra money that is now on your account will be used for the next bill. If the bill has already been generated the DD for that amount will always go out.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

making a extra payment will not stop the DD from being taken. The extra money that is now on your account will be used for the next bill. If the bill has already been generated the DD for that amount will always go out.
Nowtspecial
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

yes i noticed that when the dd was took today so cancelled it as i had paid bill other week
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nowtspecial

Thanks for dropping by with your post to us about the billing  Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already resolved this by cancelling your Direct Debit.

Just for future reference some points to be aware of regarding manual payments and Direct Debits with us.

• DD’s are set by the bill when this is created and DO NOT adjust if you make a manual payment with us, e.g. via eBilling.
  • If you make a manual payment and have an active DD with us, you have to call us or speak to us via Webchat for us to arrange to stop the pending payment you have via DD or this will process
  • If the DD is due to be debited within the next 3-5 days of a manual payment being made, this would need to be cancelled with the bank, as we may not be able to stop this individual transaction from processing. We pass payment requests in advance to the banks ready to process the DD’s on the date they should be taken usually 2-3 working days in advance.
  • If this has to be cancelled to stop the DD, you would then have to reset the DD with us.
  • Resetting a DD with us can take 3-5 working days so if this does happen where a DD is cancelled by you or the bank, please allow as much notice as you can before your next bill is produced when you're resetting this with us.
  • If you make a manual payment it doesn't reflect on the online statement as having been paid against that statement until the next bill is produced. That does not mean that this has not been paid or that it has not cleared. Payments and Direct Debits do not show that they have updated/been paid on our account online. If you have any queries with this you can contact us via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or chat to the teams via Webchat where the teams can clear security with you and check the balances and payments for you

As you have mentioned you have cancelled the DD with us you would then need to reset this with us before the next bill is produced in order for this to be active in time for your next bill. If this doesn't activate before the next bill date we would be unable to process a DD for you in that given month and a manual payment would have to be made instead.

If there's anything else we can look into for you, just let us know Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
0 Kudos